Request as a project developer

simonliu
Hi All,

I am a developer from Autodesk Map3D team. I request to be a project developer of MapGuide Open Source project.
Hope you can approve it.

BR,
Simon

Re: Request as a project developer

Jackie Ng
Hi Simon,

What is your osgeo user id?

- Jackie

Re: Request as a project developer

simonliu
Hi Jackie,

My user id is simonliu.

BR,
Simon

Re: Request as a project developer

Jackie Ng
If anyone else is reading this, do Autodesk developers need to submit a signed Contributor License Agreement document to OSGeo before I can grant commit access?

- Jackie

Re: Request as a project developer

simonliu
Hi Jackie,

Is there any update for this issue?

BR,
Simon

If anyone else is reading this, do Autodesk developers need to submit a signed Contributor License Agreement document to OSGeo before I can grant commit access?

- Jackie

Re: Request as a project developer

Jackie Ng
Hi Simon,

I'm pinged some OSGeo folks on IRC about this matter. Waiting for reply.

Out of curiosity, have you been granted access to any other OSGeo project like FDO, CS-Map or Fusion?

Have you asked any of your fellow adsk employees that currently do have commit access about what paperwork (if any) they needed to fill in?

- Jackie

Re: Request as a project developer

Haris Kurtagic
Hi,

if I remember correctly there was document to sign , for adsk developers as
well.

Beside paperwork, Simon you are welcome to project.

Haris

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 11:42 AM, Jackie Ng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> I'm pinged some OSGeo folks on IRC about this matter. Waiting for reply.
>
> Out of curiosity, have you been granted access to any other OSGeo project
> like FDO, CS-Map or Fusion?
>
> Have you asked any of your fellow adsk employees that currently do have
> commit access about what paperwork (if any) they needed to fill in?
>
> - Jackie

Re: Request as a project developer

simonliu
Hi Jackie,

No, I don't have commit access for FDO, CS-Map and Fusion.
Yes, I asked other people who has the commit permission in adsk. They say they haven't fill any paperwork.

BR,
Simon

Re: Request as a project developer

simonliu
Hi Jackie,

One correction is David Ji and I have the commit permission to FDO project.
And can you show us the paperwork which we need to fill it up?

BR,
Simon

Re: Request as a project developer

Jackie Ng
Hi Simon,

PDFs of the required paperwork can be found here:

Individual CLA:

http://mapguide.osgeo.org/sites/mapguide.osgeo.org/files/Individual%20Contributor%20Agreement.pdf

Corporate CLA:

http://mapguide.osgeo.org/sites/mapguide.osgeo.org/files/Corporate%20Contributor%20Agreement.pdf

I think you would want to sign the individual CLA and mail it to the enclosed address in the PDF.

I still have no response from OSGeo, so once you've signed the CLA and email me a scanned copy of the document before mailing it, I'll take this as proof of CLA submission and grant you the necessary commit access.

- Jackie

Re: Request as a project developer

Jackie Ng
Hi Simon,

After some discussions with OSGeo higher-ups, I've come to the conclusion that since all the (non-thirdparty) source code in MapGuide have "(c) Autodesk, Inc" at the top, it's probably not necessary to require any Autodesk employees wanting to join the MapGuide project to have to sign CLAs to assign copyright to a company they're already employees of.

So I've added your user id (simonliu) to the mapguide ldap group, you should have commit access now to the MapGuide svn repository. Welcome aboard!

- Jackie

Re: Request as a project developer

simonliu
Hi Jackie,