Republishing same Shapfile with different store names giving error if published more than 9 times.

Republishing same Shapfile with different store names giving error if published more than 9 times.

nikamsa1
Dear Geoserver Community,

In my application from UI side user can publish same shapfile again and
again to geoserver with different Store names, i observed after 9 attempts
it is giving the below error.

*java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Resource named '*/Demo_Shapfile9/*'
already exists in namespace: 'Example'*

I m using Geoserver 2.9.0 REST Api. Name of shapefile is *Demo_Shapfile* so
for every successive republish of shapfile creating new layer with name
*Example:Demo_Shapfile+"republish attempt"*

So after 9 attempts with name *Demo_Shapfile9* geoserver cant able to create
new name of layer within same workspace.

Please suggest something to handle this issue, since i can't control it from
user side and not permitted to use new workspace.
Thanks,
Sawan

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html

Re: Republishing same Shapfile with different store names giving error if published more than 9 times.

nikamsa1
Thanks Ion for your reply,

I updated the version and repeated same thing, still it is not allowing to
do the same.

Can we coclude that geoserver will not allow to publish same layer more than
10 times in a particular Workspace?

Since it is creating alias name for publishing same layer e.i. :- layerName1
to layerName9. After layerName9 it is not creating such kind of alias for
the layer.

Thanks
Sawan

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html

Re: Republishing same Shapfile with different store names giving error if published more than 9 times.

geowolf
There is indeed a limit of 10 attempts in the code (checked a bit the history, has been like that for many years, likely 10 and more):

I would not mind if someone were to make a pull request that raises it a bit, or that would make that limit configurable via a system variable, if not a GUI configuration.
But, a limit must be there, or this operation would end up eventually taking too much time.

Cheers
Andrea