Reporting

Bernhard Ströbl
Hi,

could anybody explain how to configure and run reports? Anybody has a
working example?
Following the documentation I added an URL for featureReportService in
config.json and used "featureReport":{... as given in the sample
themesConfig.json.
How/where can I access the report now? Or do I have to implement
something e.g. in the getFeatureInfo being returned from the WMS-Server?
How can I associate a report to a certain layer?

regards
Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 19209 (20190417) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Reporting

Sandro Mani
Hi Bernhard

You will need an actual reporting service which returns a document when
invoked as

<serviceUrl>/<template>?feature=<featureId>&x=<mouseX>&y=<mouseY>&crs=<crs>

where template is what you configured in themesConfig.json.

The reporting service could be a jasper reporting service like [1], or
something else.

Best

Sandro

[1] https://github.com/qwc-services/jasper-reporting-service

On 17.04.19 12:45, Bernhard Ströbl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> could anybody explain how to configure and run reports? Anybody has a
> working example?
> Following the documentation I added an URL for featureReportService in
> config.json and used "featureReport":{... as given in the sample
> themesConfig.json.
> How/where can I access the report now? Or do I have to implement
> something e.g. in the getFeatureInfo being returned from the WMS-Server?
> How can I associate a report to a certain layer?
>
> regards
> Bernhard
>

> __________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus
> signature database 19209 (20190417) __________

> http://www.eset.com

Re: Reporting

Bernhard Ströbl
Hi Sandro,
thanks for pointing me to the repo. My basic idea was to run Jasper via
QGIS Server plugin (I have that already) but I will look at your
reporting-service project, too.
However: how (where) can I call the report from qwc2-demo-app?
And further: in the sample themesConfig.json it says: "a": "template_a"
- what is "a" referring to?

all the best
Bernhard

Am 17.04.2019 um 16:46 schrieb Sandro Mani:

> Hi Bernhard
>
> You will need an actual reporting service which returns a document when
> invoked as
>
> <serviceUrl>/<template>?feature=<featureId>&x=<mouseX>&y=<mouseY>&crs=<crs>
>
> where template is what you configured in themesConfig.json.
>
> The reporting service could be a jasper reporting service like [1], or
> something else.
>
> Best
>
> Sandro
>
> [1] https://github.com/qwc-services/jasper-reporting-service
>

> On 17.04.19 12:45, Bernhard Ströbl wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> could anybody explain how to configure and run reports? Anybody has a
>> working example?
>> Following the documentation I added an URL for featureReportService in
>> config.json and used "featureReport":{... as given in the sample
>> themesConfig.json.
>> How/where can I access the report now? Or do I have to implement
>> something e.g. in the getFeatureInfo being returned from the WMS-Server?
>> How can I associate a report to a certain layer?
>>
>> regards
>> Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 19214 (20190418) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Reporting

Andreas Neumann-4
Hi Bernhard and Sandro,

Interesting conversation.

Just for your information: there is now also QGIS atlas print support in
QGIS server. For single-page reports per feature this might be
interesting and sufficient. Marco implemted this for us.

See https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/8781

The GetProjectSettings response contains information whether a layout
has an atlas exposed. Would be nice to support this in a future QWC2
version.

Greetings,

Andreas

Am 18.04.19 um 07:45 schrieb Bernhard Ströbl:

> Hi Sandro,
> thanks for pointing me to the repo. My basic idea was to run Jasper
> via QGIS Server plugin (I have that already) but I will look at your
> reporting-service project, too.
> However: how (where) can I call the report from qwc2-demo-app?
> And further: in the sample themesConfig.json it says: "a":
> "template_a" - what is "a" referring to?
>
> all the best
> Bernhard
>
> Am 17.04.2019 um 16:46 schrieb Sandro Mani:
>> Hi Bernhard
>>
>> You will need an actual reporting service which returns a document
>> when invoked as
>>
>> <serviceUrl>/<template>?feature=<featureId>&x=<mouseX>&y=<mouseY>&crs=<crs>
>>

>> where template is what you configured in themesConfig.json.
>>
>> The reporting service could be a jasper reporting service like [1],
>> or something else.
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Sandro
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/qwc-services/jasper-reporting-service
>>

>> On 17.04.19 12:45, Bernhard Ströbl wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> could anybody explain how to configure and run reports? Anybody has
>>> a working example?
>>> Following the documentation I added an URL for featureReportService
>>> in config.json and used "featureReport":{... as given in the sample
>>> themesConfig.json.
>>> How/where can I access the report now? Or do I have to implement
>>> something e.g. in the getFeatureInfo being returned from the
>>> WMS-Server?
>>> How can I associate a report to a certain layer?
>>>
>>> regards
>>> Bernhard
>>>

> __________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus
> signature database 19214 (20190418) __________

> http://www.eset.com

Re: Reporting

Bernhard Ströbl
Hi Andreas,

thank you for your comment. I would not think it is too difficult to
change qwc2's default report call into a call suitable for atlas via
Server-Python plugin. Out-of-the-box support ist preferable, though.
Unfortunately my reports draw data from several linked tables and I have
them ready, so will stick with SQL and Jasper but next time I need a new
report I am going to give atlas a try.

Bernhard

Am 18.04.2019 um 08:46 schrieb Andreas Neumann:

> Hi Bernhard and Sandro,
>
> Interesting conversation.
>
> Just for your information: there is now also QGIS atlas print support in
> QGIS server. For single-page reports per feature this might be
> interesting and sufficient. Marco implemted this for us.
>
> See https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/8781
>
> The GetProjectSettings response contains information whether a layout
> has an atlas exposed. Would be nice to support this in a future QWC2
> version.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Andreas
>
> Am 18.04.19 um 07:45 schrieb Bernhard Ströbl:
>> Hi Sandro,
>> thanks for pointing me to the repo. My basic idea was to run Jasper
>> via QGIS Server plugin (I have that already) but I will look at your
>> reporting-service project, too.
>> However: how (where) can I call the report from qwc2-demo-app?
>> And further: in the sample themesConfig.json it says: "a":
>> "template_a" - what is "a" referring to?
>>
>> all the best
>> Bernhard
>>
>> Am 17.04.2019 um 16:46 schrieb Sandro Mani:
>>> Hi Bernhard
>>>
>>> You will need an actual reporting service which returns a document
>>> when invoked as
>>>
>>> <serviceUrl>/<template>?feature=<featureId>&x=<mouseX>&y=<mouseY>&crs=<crs>
>>>

>>> where template is what you configured in themesConfig.json.
>>>
>>> The reporting service could be a jasper reporting service like [1],
>>> or something else.
>>>
>>> Best
>>>
>>> Sandro
>>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/qwc-services/jasper-reporting-service

>> __________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus
>> signature database 19214 (20190418) __________
>>
>> The message was checked by ESET Mail Security.
>> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 19214 (20190418) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Reporting

Sandro Mani
Hi Bernhard

The dictionary in the themesConfig.json ist just a mapping

<layername>: <reportname>

So, in the feature info result dialog, if a report is configured for the
respective layer via the above mapping, a link will appear which will
point to

On 18.04.19 07:45, Bernhard Ströbl wrote:

> Hi Sandro,
> thanks for pointing me to the repo. My basic idea was to run Jasper
> via QGIS Server plugin (I have that already) but I will look at your
> reporting-service project, too.
> However: how (where) can I call the report from qwc2-demo-app?
> And further: in the sample themesConfig.json it says: "a":
> "template_a" - what is "a" referring to?
>
> all the best
> Bernhard
>
> Am 17.04.2019 um 16:46 schrieb Sandro Mani:
>> Hi Bernhard
>>
>> You will need an actual reporting service which returns a document
>> when invoked as
>>
>> <serviceUrl>/<template>?feature=<featureId>&x=<mouseX>&y=<mouseY>&crs=<crs>
>>

>> where template is what you configured in themesConfig.json.
>>
>> The reporting service could be a jasper reporting service like [1],
>> or something else.
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Sandro
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/qwc-services/jasper-reporting-service
>>

>> On 17.04.19 12:45, Bernhard Ströbl wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> could anybody explain how to configure and run reports? Anybody has
>>> a working example?
>>> Following the documentation I added an URL for featureReportService
>>> in config.json and used "featureReport":{... as given in the sample
>>> themesConfig.json.
>>> How/where can I access the report now? Or do I have to implement
>>> something e.g. in the getFeatureInfo being returned from the
>>> WMS-Server?
>>> How can I associate a report to a certain layer?
>>>
>>> regards
>>> Bernhard
>>>

> __________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus
> signature database 19214 (20190418) __________

> http://www.eset.com

Re: Reporting

Bernhard Ströbl
Hi Sandro,
thanks for this information (maybe you want to update themesConfig.json
accordingly). Unfortunately I do not get such a link in the feature-info
result dialog. I used both, name and title of the layer...
reagards
Bernhard

Am 18.04.2019 um 11:33 schrieb Sandro Mani:

> Hi Bernhard
>
> The dictionary in the themesConfig.json ist just a mapping
>
> <layername>: <reportname>
>
> So, in the feature info result dialog, if a report is configured for the
> respective layer via the above mapping, a link will appear which will
> point to
>
> <serviceUrl>/<template>?feature=<featureId>&x=<mouseX>&y=<mouseY>&crs=<crs>
>
> Best
>
> Sandro
>

> On 18.04.19 07:45, Bernhard Ströbl wrote:
>> Hi Sandro,
>> thanks for pointing me to the repo. My basic idea was to run Jasper
>> via QGIS Server plugin (I have that already) but I will look at your
>> reporting-service project, too.
>> However: how (where) can I call the report from qwc2-demo-app?
>> And further: in the sample themesConfig.json it says: "a":
>> "template_a" - what is "a" referring to?
>>
>> all the best
>> Bernhard
>>
>> Am 17.04.2019 um 16:46 schrieb Sandro Mani:
>>> Hi Bernhard
>>>
>>> You will need an actual reporting service which returns a document
>>> when invoked as
>>>
>>> <serviceUrl>/<template>?feature=<featureId>&x=<mouseX>&y=<mouseY>&crs=<crs>
>>>

>>> where template is what you configured in themesConfig.json.
>>>
>>> The reporting service could be a jasper reporting service like [1],
>>> or something else.
>>>
>>> Best
>>>
>>> Sandro
>>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/qwc-services/jasper-reporting-service

>> __________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus
>> signature database 19214 (20190418) __________
>>
>> The message was checked by ESET Mail Security.
>> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 19215 (20190418) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Reporting

Sandro Mani
Hi Bernhard

You might want to set add a console.log(reports) here [1] for debugging
to see whether the reports were correctly collected from the themes
configuration, and perhaps also a console.log(layer) to see which layer
name is actually used.

Best
Sandro

[1]