Repo Names [was] Re: Welcome!

Chris Holmes-4
Awesome, thanks to everyone who introduced themselves. I'm excited that everyone is here and interested in collaborating.

So I was going to do a poll to vote for names for the repo, but I think most people don't really care, and I think I agree with James.

cogeotiff

If anyone has any objections let me know. I just created it on github https://github.com/cogeotiff

I'll start moving stuff near the end of today (but can easily make another one if there are objections)

I'm thinking:

cogeotiff/cog-spec for the spec. Initially just copy the info on https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/CloudOptimizedGeoTIFF and evolve from there.

And I'll move the website over too and coordinate with Even on the validator.

Re: Repo Names [was] Re: Welcome!

Norman Barker-2
Hi Chris,

I think we should have several people who can merge PRs for this repo.

I am happy to volunteer to be an additional reviewer, I am working with COGs most of the time.

Norman

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 7:47 AM, Chris Holmes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Awesome, thanks to everyone who introduced themselves. I'm excited that everyone is here and interested in collaborating.

So I was going to do a poll to vote for names for the repo, but I think most people don't really care, and I think I agree with James.

cogeotiff

If anyone has any objections let me know. I just created it on github https://github.com/cogeotiff

I'll start moving stuff near the end of today (but can easily make another one if there are objections)

I'm thinking:

cogeotiff/cog-spec for the spec. Initially just copy the info on https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/CloudOptimizedGeoTIFF and evolve from there.

And I'll move the website over too and coordinate with Even on the validator.

Re: Repo Names [was] Re: Welcome!

Chris Holmes-4
Awesome, yes - definitely want to have at least a couple people in as initial reviewers. And then as people submit good PR's we can bring them in too. Probably makes sense to just do a COG organization level set of permissions, so people can review changes to the website, the validator, the spec, etc.

If anyone else is interested and has contributed to / created any COG tooling let me know and I can get you added.