Replacing the Redline widget

Jackie Ng
Hi All,

This question is mainly directed at the Autodesk developers.

The current redline widget is woefully inadequate for redlining. We have internally replaced this widget with one based on the original redlining sample (written by you guys) for the basic AJAX viewer, which is much more functional.

The relevant ticket is here: http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/ticket/461

Is there any opposition to replace the current redline widget with the one proposed in this ticket?

- Jackie

RE: Replacing the Redline widget

liuar
Hi Jackie,

We would really appreciate if you could replace the redline widget with the enhanced one. There's no opposition from this side.
The only concern is about time. It would be great if this enhancement could be accomplished before end of July so that we could allocate enough time to test it.
Thanks again.

Regards,
Arthur

RE: Replacing the Redline widget

Jackie Ng
Sure no problem. It's mostly done, just lacks the required localization.

- Jackie

RE: Replacing the Redline widget

Mars Wu
Hi Jackie,

I saw your submission for replacing the widget. Just to confirm: has everything been done for the new widget?

Thanks,
Mars

Sure no problem. It's mostly done, just lacks the required localization.

- Jackie

RE: Replacing the Redline widget

Jackie Ng
Let me get back to you shortly on this one.

- Jackie

RE: Replacing the Redline widget

Jackie Ng
Hi Mars,

As of r2427, everything has been done for this widget.

Cheers,

- Jackie

On 1 September 2011 12:55, Mars Wu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jackie,

I saw your submission for replacing the widget. Just to confirm: has everything been done for the new widget?

Thanks,
Mars

Sure no problem. It's mostly done, just lacks the required localization.

- Jackie

Blog: http://themapguyde.blogspot.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jackieng
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jumpinjackie

RE: Replacing the Redline widget

aktaylor
Hi,

I'm running MG Server 2012 with the default fusion install.

Can you give me a short list of steps to take to replace the built in Redline tool with the new widget?

I've seen a few posts alluding to grabbing the new widget files and then "replacing" the tool that comes within the existing Fusion library.  I'm just not sure what the appropriate way to do that is.  I've tried just cutting out the Redline bit out of fusionSF.js, but not having much luck there.

And, can you tell me where to pick up the latest Fusion source?  Iv'e been downloading files one at a time from http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/browser/trunk.

Thanks much!

Allen

RE: Replacing the Redline widget

mooman
Allen,

Not sure what version of Fusion MG Server 2012 is running, but I dont know if dropping a newer widget version is recommended. Maybe the new Redline tool uses some modified API in the new Fusion itself that your old Fusion may not have?

But if people has gotten it working, it's might be ok.

Anyways, if i were to do that, i'd do the same thing you did and cutting out the snippet in fusionSF.js. But if that's not working then im not too sure either. What is "not having much luck" mean? does it not work at all? or still using the old widget code?

I would recommend just swapping out the whole Fusion library with the old one. I did this pretty effortlessly when i upgraded to version 2.2.

You can download the latest release here: http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/wiki/GetIt

if you want the trunk, i'd get some SVN tool to download all the files (svn in unix, TortoiseSVN in windows)

Good luck! Sorry if i wasn't much help.