Renaming pages at our website

Andreas Neumann-4
Hi,

I have to change wording at our website to reflect the change from
sponsors to sustaining members and quite some pages would have to be
renamed, also in the file-path. How should I do it?

Can we create aliases / redirects for the old URLs to the new URLs? If
yes, how?

For now I will create the new pages in parallel to the old ones, but
eventually I want to remove the old pages.

What effect does the change have on translations?

Thanks for your help,

Andreas

Re: Renaming pages at our website

Anita Graser
Hi Andreas,

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 8:55 AM Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have to change wording at our website to reflect the change from
sponsors to sustaining members and quite some pages would have to be
renamed, also in the file-path. How should I do it?

Thanks for taking care of this! Unfortunately, I don't know about the how. I guess Richard might but he seems busy with documentation infrastructure.

What effect does the change have on translations?

Have you asked on the community list?

Regards,
Anita

Re: Renaming pages at our website

Richard Duivenvoorde
On 23/03/2019 08.55, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to change wording at our website to reflect the change from
> sponsors to sustaining members and quite some pages would have to be
> renamed, also in the file-path. How should I do it?

Best if you build locally and see what breaks.

> Can we create aliases / redirects for the old URLs to the new URLs? If
> yes, how?

Well, we could but it is easy to mess up all those already available ones.

> For now I will create the new pages in parallel to the old ones, but
> eventually I want to remove the old pages.
>
> What effect does the change have on translations?

Just go ahead and we will find out and handle.
If you let me know when you are finished I will rerun the scripts needed
to seed the sources to transifex.

Regards,

Richard