Renaming TestFunction* to TestOverlay as per JTS change ?

Renaming TestFunction* to TestOverlay as per JTS change ?

Sandro Santilli-4
Commit 81b2a236abca2d992572ae1d49dd9b44347e1b80 in JTS
renamed all TestFunction*.xml files to TestOverlay*.xml

In order to better track upstream, I think it'd be useful for GEOS to
do the same. Martin: was it really only a rename or did anything else
change ?

--strk;

  ()   Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer
  /\   https://strk.kbt.io/services.html

Re: Renaming TestFunction* to TestOverlay as per JTS change ?

Sandro Santilli-4
On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 06:45:50PM +0200, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> Commit 81b2a236abca2d992572ae1d49dd9b44347e1b80 in JTS
> renamed all TestFunction*.xml files to TestOverlay*.xml
>
> In order to better track upstream, I think it'd be useful for GEOS to
> do the same. Martin: was it really only a rename or did anything else
> change ?

I noticed some tests are actually missing from GEOS, like
TestOverlayEmpty. Any reason why we shouldn't port them over ?

--strk;

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 07:04:10PM +0200, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 06:45:50PM +0200, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> > Commit 81b2a236abca2d992572ae1d49dd9b44347e1b80 in JTS
> > renamed all TestFunction*.xml files to TestOverlay*.xml
> >
> > In order to better track upstream, I think it'd be useful for GEOS to
> > do the same. Martin: was it really only a rename or did anything else
> > change ?
>
> I noticed some tests are actually missing from GEOS, like
> TestOverlayEmpty. Any reason why we shouldn't port them over ?

I found out: Empty test was failing.
I've nonetheless done the renaming and the fix for Empty
with commit 264168eeb0f921f0edfc9acab6f12ee5357a15ae

Testsuite passes, for both GEOS and PostGIS.
Hopefully this will help with OverlayNG test comparison.

--strk;

Re: Renaming TestFunction* to TestOverlay as per JTS change ?

Martin Davis-3
It was just a rename, to better identify what tests are in the files.

Good idea to mirror in GEOS - thanks.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 11:15:00AM -0700, Martin Davis wrote:
> It was just a rename, to better identify what tests are in the files.
>
> Good idea to mirror in GEOS - thanks.

The mirroring process currently requires stripping carriage-returns
from the files. Is there a strict policy on carriage-returns in the
JTS source files ?

--strk;

Re: Renaming TestFunction* to TestOverlay as per JTS change ?

Martin Davis-3
Ah, no, no particular policy on CRs in JTS files.  Has not been an issue there so far.