Removing features from a cluster

dnbphysicist
Hello all, I've done some searching on Google of this, but haven't found a good way to accomplish it yet. I have a map that allows other applications to add and remove layers and features from it dynamically. If a vector layer is clustered and another application goes to delete one or more of the features in the cluster, obviously the remove features function is not going to work. Is there a good way to do this? I tried iterating over all of the clusters, and then the features in that cluster but it seems the strategy itself keeps a cache of the features. I also tried deactivating the strategy, but it seems that just causes the layer to retain the clusters as features and no longer expands or contracts with zoom ins and outs (not surprisingly). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Removing features from a cluster

Xavier Mamano (jorix)
Hi,

This is not supported by the OL standard. Some time ago I wrote some code to adjust issues in Cluster strategy, I think this problem is also solved in my code.

Try use:
  https://github.com/jorix/OL-Ragbag/blob/gh-pages/lib/Ragbag/Strategy/CenteredCluster.js

See example:
  http://jorix.github.io/OL-Ragbag/examples/strategy-centered-cluster-add-remove.html
This example allows dynamically add points, and enable/disable the Cluster strategy. But only deletes the entire cluster (while strategy is enabled), otherwise it should work with the js (while Cluster strategy is active in the layer are clusters that contains a array of features --named cluster--)

> but it seems the strategy itself keeps a cache of the features.
Yes, named teatures. In this aspect disable cluster works differently than OL staqndad code, the features of the layer are restored.

Xavier

dnbphysicist wrote
[...]

Thanks Xavier, I will take a look at that.

Another question about clustering: Can you continuously add features to a clustered layer and have it re-cluster each time a new feature is added? I'm having an issue where it's just replacing the previous feature with the new one and I'm wondering if it's something I'm doing.

Thanks in advance!

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Xavier Mamano (jorix) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

This is not supported by the OL standard. Some time ago I wrote some code to
adjust issues in Cluster strategy, I think this problem is also solved in my
code.

Try use:

https://github.com/jorix/OL-Ragbag/blob/gh-pages/lib/Ragbag/Strategy/CenteredCluster.js

See example:

http://jorix.github.io/OL-Ragbag/examples/strategy-centered-cluster-add-remove.html
This example allows dynamically add points, and enable/disable the Cluster
strategy. But only deletes the entire cluster (while strategy is enabled),
otherwise it should work with the js (while Cluster strategy is active in
the layer are clusters that contains a array of features --named cluster--)

> but it seems the strategy itself keeps a cache of the features.
Yes, named teatures. In this aspect disable cluster works differently than
OL staqndad code, the features of the layer are restored.

Xavier

dnbphysicist wrote
> Hello all, I've done some searching on Google of this, but haven't found a
> good way to accomplish it yet. I have a map that allows other applications
> to add and remove layers and features from it dynamically. If a vector
> layer is clustered and another application goes to delete one or more of
> the features in the cluster, obviously the remove features function is not
> going to work. Is there a good way to do this? I tried iterating over all
> of the clusters, and then the features in that cluster but it seems the
> strategy itself keeps a cache of the features. I also tried deactivating
> the strategy, but it seems that just causes the layer to retain the
> clusters as features and no longer expands or contracts with zoom ins and
> outs (not surprisingly). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance!

HYX

Re: Removing features from a cluster

Xavier Mamano (jorix)
Hi,

> Can you continuously add features to a clustered layer and have it re-cluster each time a new feature is added?
Yes (using CenteredCluster.js)

> ... replacing the previous feature with the new ...
Oops! If CenteredCluster.js strategy is off change a feature and then activate, there is no problem. Otherwise it is necessary to think... I believe it would work, if after a feature change the method refreshCache is called (not tested).

dnbphysicist wrote

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is not supported by the OL standard. Some time ago I wrote some code
> adjust issues in Cluster strategy, I think this problem is also solved in
> my
> code.
>
> Try use:
>

> https://github.com/jorix/OL-Ragbag/blob/gh-pages/lib/Ragbag/Strategy/CenteredCluster.js
>
> See example:
>

> http://jorix.github.io/OL-Ragbag/examples/strategy-centered-cluster-add-remove.html
> This example allows dynamically add points, and enable/disable the Cluster
> strategy. But only deletes the entire cluster (while strategy is enabled),
> otherwise it should work with the js (while Cluster strategy is active in
> the layer are clusters that contains a array of features --named cluster--)
>
> > but it seems the strategy itself keeps a cache of the features.
> Yes, named teatures. In this aspect disable cluster works differently than
> OL staqndad code, the features of the layer are restored.
>
> Xavier
>

> dnbphysicist wrote
> > Hello all, I've done some searching on Google of this, but haven't found
> > good way to accomplish it yet. I have a map that allows other
> applications
> > to add and remove layers and features from it dynamically. If a vector
> > layer is clustered and another application goes to delete one or more of
> > the features in the cluster, obviously the remove features function is
> not
> > going to work. Is there a good way to do this? I tried iterating over all
> > of the clusters, and then the features in that cluster but it seems the
> > strategy itself keeps a cache of the features. I also tried deactivating
> > the strategy, but it seems that just causes the layer to retain the
> > clusters as features and no longer expands or contracts with zoom ins and
> > outs (not surprisingly). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!

*HYX*
http://hyx-music.com