Remove GeoServer from maven modules and installer

Remove GeoServer from maven modules and installer

Jose Garcia
Hi

I want to propose to remove the Geoserver maven module and remove it also from the installer.

Afaik, was used in 2.x versions to provide the cusomised map layers for the map viewer, but in 3.x  OpenStreetMap is used by default for the map viewer.

For me makes no sense to have GeoServer as part of GeoNetwork. If users require GeoServer for their SDI, they can always download/install it from GeoServer website the most updated version.

Any opinion about this? Some usage of the provided GeoServer in the GeoNetwork installer that I could be missing?

Regards,
Jose García

--
Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,

Jose García

Veenderweg 13
6721 WD Bennekom
The Netherlands
T: <a href="tel:+31318416664" style="font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif" target="_blank">+31 (0)318 416664