Reminder: Budget 2020

"Peter Löwe"
Dear list,

this is a gentle reminder regarding input for the Open Geoscience Committees 2020 budget.

The current deadline for input is tomorrow, December 20th.

Please find the current draft here in the wiki:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Open_Geoscience_Committee/budget_2020

If anyone feels like we need an extension for the deadline, please speak up.

Best regards,
Peter

<[hidden email]>

Re: Reminder: Budget 2020

Massimiliano Cannata
Dear all,
I have red and approve the proposed budget which seems in line with the ongoing activities and initiative of the committee.

Maxi

Il gio 19 dic 2019, 15:22 "Peter Löwe" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Dear list,

this is a gentle reminder regarding input for the Open Geoscience Committees 2020 budget.

The current deadline for input is tomorrow, December 20th.

Please find the current draft here in the wiki:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Open_Geoscience_Committee/budget_2020

If anyone feels like we need an extension for the deadline, please speak up.

Best regards,
Peter

<[hidden email]>

Re: Reminder: Budget 2020

Helena Mitasova-7
Peter, Maxi, the rest of open science committee,

It would be useful to provide more detail about the outreach and sprint events, e.g. do we already know which open science events we
want to target or who would organize the hackatons/sprints? Could/should we include an osgeo open science booth at some open science event (or a conference with open science sessions) or propose some workshops?

I am just writing this based on the discussions that the board will have about the requests - the more specific it is the better,

Helena

On Dec 19, 2019, at 1:06 PM, Massimiliano Cannata <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear all,
I have red and approve the proposed budget which seems in line with the ongoing activities and initiative of the committee.

Maxi

Il gio 19 dic 2019, 15:22 "Peter Löwe" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Dear list,

this is a gentle reminder regarding input for the Open Geoscience Committees 2020 budget.

The current deadline for input is tomorrow, December 20th.

Please find the current draft here in the wiki:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Open_Geoscience_Committee/budget_2020

If anyone feels like we need an extension for the deadline, please speak up.

Best regards,
Peter

<[hidden email]>

Helena Mitasova
Professor, Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Faculty Fellow,
Center for Geospatial Analytics
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208

Re: Reminder: Budget 2020

Massimiliano Cannata
Thanks Helena for the comment,

External:

Internal:

Foss4g ASIA

Foss4g Europe

Foss4g

I see this as a possible initial target list of events where some of us will be present (please extend it) where we could organise:
- workshops
- sprints
- bof
- presentations

Maxi

Il gio 19 dic 2019, 19:56 Helena Mitasova <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
[...]

Maxi, Helena, all,

thanks for actively discussing our options for 2020. I've updated the wiki-page accordingly and have added some more opportunities for OSgeo presence at conferences or hackathons from a european perspective.

Best,
peter