Reminder: 2017 NC GIS Conference

kathi-2

FYI

From: Giordano, David [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2016 1:19 PM
To: North Carolina Local Government Geographic Information Systems Listserv <[hidden email]>
Subject: [ncgis] Reminder: 2017 NC GIS Conference

Greetings!

With the holidays rapidly approaching, we understand if you are preoccupied with those plans but we want to make sure you don’t forget about something very important taking place early next year: NCGIS2017. The 2017 conference themed “30 Rocks GIS!” is a celebration of our 30th year, and it will feature topics that give you information needed to increase your GIS know-how.

Taking place February 23-24, 2017 in Raleigh registration is NOW OPEN. We encourage you to register early since registration rates will increase on January 24. Here are a few conference highlights you might be interested in:

·          Exhibits: With over 1000+ registrants from North Carolina and across the United States in 2015, the NC GIS Conference presents a tremendous opportunity to catch up with existing clients and meet new ones in the beautiful and vibrant downtown location of the Raleigh Convention Center. Space tends to fill quickly for this premier event so check out the exhibit hall map and reserve your prime location today.

·          Awards: Conference planners want to recognize local government innovators through the G. Herbert Stout Awards.  The conference will recognize one county and one city/town with an award. Don’t be bashful! Tremendous innovation is happening in GIS across our state. Submissions are due on January 18.

·          Posters: Have a cool GIS poster, website, or application you would like to showcase? Be sure to enter it into the poster session contest. The deadline is February 14.

·          Workshops: Carolina URISA is again offering full day workshops on Wednesday, February 22. Each workshop is certified by URISA and qualifies for earning credits for certifications such as GISP. Register now for one of the four outstanding workshops.

For those of you traveling to the conference, please don’t forget to make your hotel reservation at the Sheraton Raleigh, the conference hotel offering a special rate for attendees. The rate is available until January 27.

Visit the NC GIS Conference website to learn more about all this unique event has to offer. Whether you are a student aspiring to work in the field or a seasoned professional, NCGIS2017 has something for you. If you have questions about the conference, we would love to hear from you. Please email [hidden email] or call 919-754-6588. We can’t wait to see you there!

David Giordano

NC OneMap Database Administrator

North Carolina Department of Information Technology

919.754.6585

[hidden email]

it.nc.gov

cid:image001.png@01D0F624.71363D60

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the

North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties

Email correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official.