Releasing 1.8

12

Releasing 1.8

pcav
Hi all.
It seems to me that the package is in good shape. All blocking issues are fixed,
apart from a dubious one:
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5692
Should we go on and releasing 1.8?
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu

Re: Releasing 1.8

Sharpie
On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all.
It seems to me that the package is in good shape. All blocking issues are fixed,
apart from a dubious one:
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5692
Should we go on and releasing 1.8?
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia

By "the package" are you referring to the GitHub master branch? Or is there a separate 1.8 branch somewhere that is being prepped for release?

-Charlie

Re: Releasing 1.8

pcav
Il 01/06/2012 20:13, Charlie Sharpsteen ha scritto:

> By "the package" are you referring to the GitHub master branch?

yes

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu

Re: Releasing 1.8

Giovanni Manghi-2

> It seems to me that the package is in good shape. All blocking issues are fixed,
> apart from a dubious one:
> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5692
> Should we go on and releasing 1.8?

I agree,

in the last days a few regressions have surfaced but thanks to the
effort of many people they have been fixed.

Today it has been reported #5692 that would need a check by OsX users
and packagers as it seem to occur only on Mac.

The list of the other "outstanding issues" (issues "causing crash or
data corruption" that are not regressions since 1.7.4) is also not too
bad. It would be nice to have look to this
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5239 (interpolation causes crash) that has
a patch attached and also to this http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4819
(identify causes freeze).

cheers

-- Giovanni --

Re: Releasing 1.8

macho

Re: Releasing 1.8

Etienne Tourigny-3
Speaking of which...  does anybody need help in the french and
portuguese (Brazilian, 3rd language...) translations?

Etienne

Re: Releasing 1.8

Jean-Roc Morreale
Hi Etienne,

A review of the french file is always appreciated, please use my fork

https://github.com/Jean-Roc/Quantum-GIS

Le 01/06/2012 20:39, Etienne Tourigny a écrit :

> Speaking of which...  does anybody need help in the french and
> portuguese (Brazilian, 3rd language...) translations?
>
> Etienne

Re: Releasing 1.8

Sharpie
On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Giovanni Manghi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

> It seems to me that the package is in good shape. All blocking issues are fixed,
> apart from a dubious one:
> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5692
> Should we go on and releasing 1.8?

I agree,

in the last days a few regressions have surfaced but thanks to the
effort of many people they have been fixed.

Today it has been reported #5692 that would need a check by OsX users
and packagers as it seem to occur only on Mac.

I have also been getting build errors from the master branch on several OS X installations due to misconfigured library loading paths:

[ 39%] Building CXX object src/gui/CMakeFiles/qgis_gui.dir/symbology-ng/qgssinglesymbolrendererv2widget.cpp.o
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/qgis_core.framework/Versions/1.8/qgis_core
  Referenced from: /private/tmp/homebrew-qgis-HEAD-MyK5/build/src/crssync/../../output/bin/crssync
  Reason: image not found

I'll try to dig in this weekend and nail the problem down.

-Charlie

Re: Releasing 1.8

Alister Hood
It is not a regression or anything, but is there any chance someone could check this?:
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/3330

It is a one line fix for a long-standing bug.

Thanks,
Alister

Re: Releasing 1.8

Etienne Tourigny-3
A simple question - how can I run qgis with a different language to
test the translations?

I tried to no avail
LANG=fr_FR qgis
LANG=fr qgis

Do I have to install any packages (Linum Mint 12 / Ubunu 10.10)

Thanks

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 3:55 PM, MORREALE Jean Roc
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Etienne,
>
> A review of the french file is always appreciated, please use my fork
>
> https://github.com/Jean-Roc/Quantum-GIS
>
> Le 01/06/2012 20:39, Etienne Tourigny a écrit :
>
>> Speaking of which...  does anybody need help in the french and
>> portuguese (Brazilian, 3rd language...) translations?
>>
>> Etienne
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Werner Macho<[hidden email]>

Re: Releasing 1.8

Jürgen E. Fischer
Hi Etienne,

On Fri, 01. Jun 2012 at 19:29:03 -0300, Etienne Tourigny wrote:
> I tried to no avail
> LANG=fr_FR qgis
> LANG=fr qgis

qgis --lang fr

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax. +49-4931-918175-50

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden

Re: Releasing 1.8

Tim Sutton-4
Hi

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 8:25 PM, Werner Macho <[hidden email]> wrote:

Visit http://linfiniti.com to find out about:
 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Releasing 1.8

macho

Re: Releasing 1.8

Radim Blazek-2
Anybody checked this http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5620 ?
It seems to me that compilation fails on a clean system (without
previous QGIS installed).

Radim

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all.
> It seems to me that the package is in good shape. All blocking issues are fixed,
> apart from a dubious one:
> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5692
> Should we go on and releasing 1.8?
> All the best.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
> www.faunalia.eu

Re: Releasing 1.8

pcav
Il 04/06/2012 08:48, Radim Blazek ha scritto:
> Anybody checked this http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5620 ?
> It seems to me that compilation fails on a clean system (without
> previous QGIS installed).

Also, there is a pull request:
https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/pull/159
and a final check on raster styling, who is giving us trouble (I'm doing more checks).
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu

Re: Releasing 1.8

Richard Duivenvoorde
On 06/04/2012 08:48 AM, Radim Blazek wrote:
> Anybody checked this http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5620 ?
> It seems to me that compilation fails on a clean system (without
> previous QGIS installed).

I noticed this also, but thought it was my messy environment. Funny
thing is that if I build QGIS myself and install master somewhere in
~/apps/qgis/master it is not finding the core lib (and I have to set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH for it), but if I build branch 1.7.4 it is find the core
lib without setting the PATH?

Re: Releasing 1.8

Radim Blazek-2
Do you have CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH OFF?

Radim

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06/04/2012 08:48 AM, Radim Blazek wrote:
>>
>> Anybody checked this http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5620 ?
>> It seems to me that compilation fails on a clean system (without
>> previous QGIS installed).
>

> I noticed this also, but thought it was my messy environment. Funny thing is
> that if I build QGIS myself and install master somewhere in
> ~/apps/qgis/master it is not finding the core lib (and I have to set
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH for it), but if I build branch 1.7.4 it is find the core lib
> without setting the PATH?

Re: Releasing 1.8

Richard Duivenvoorde
On 06/04/2012 09:15 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 06/04/2012 09:05 AM, Radim Blazek wrote:
>> Do you have CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH OFF?

Yes I had, and after setting it to ON, if I compile I see the exact
error message as in #5620

BUT.. actually I was talking about RUNNING QGIS from the install dir...,
so maybe I'm having another issue then you talk about?

Richard

Re: Releasing 1.8

Ivan Mincik
> Funny
> thing is that if I build QGIS myself and install master somewhere in
> ~/apps/qgis/master it is not finding the core lib (and I have to set
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH for it), but if I build branch 1.7.4 it is find the core
> lib without setting the PATH?

Exactly same here.

--
Ivan Mincik