Release blog post

Anita Graser
Hi,

I've drafted a release blog post for blog.qgis.org for tomorrow. Key messages include: 2.14 is retired, 2.18 is the LTR, and packages are currently being prepared.

Please check and add any info you think is relevant.

Regards,
Anita

Re: Release blog post

Richard Duivenvoorde
On 22-02-18 20:39, Anita Graser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've drafted a release blog post for blog.qgis.org
> <http://blog.qgis.org> for tomorrow. Key messages include: 2.14 is
> retired, 2.18 is the LTR, and packages are currently being prepared.
>
> Please check and add any info you think is relevant.

Hi Anita,

for those who can login:
https://qgisblog.wordpress.com/wp-admin

Richard

Re: Release blog post

Richard Duivenvoorde
On 23-02-18 09:57, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 22-02-18 20:39, Anita Graser wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've drafted a release blog post for blog.qgis.org
>> <http://blog.qgis.org> for tomorrow. Key messages include: 2.14 is
>> retired, 2.18 is the LTR, and packages are currently being prepared.
>>
>> Please check and add any info you think is relevant.

Hi Anita,

I think it is short and clear.

Should we maybe add our favorite feature screenshot?

Should we maybe add a link to:

https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog3

(where we for now add a few lines like: we are still busy summing up and
creating screenshots for 3.0, please see a preliminary version here:
http://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.0.0/)

Should we also remove the 'Get Ready for QGIS3 now' banner and replace
it with a QGIS3 release one?

@Anita, do you have a Girona banner available?

I will create a pull request now for the website, and pull it in
whenever something is packaged AND start a rebuild of the website then.
(of if somebody else has it under his mouse, let him speak :-) )

Regards,

Richard

Re: Release blog post

Tim Sutton-6
Hi

Anita I made a few tweaks - looks great! I agree adding the changelog to the announcement will be really nice.

Thanks for doing this!

Regards

Tim

On 23 Feb 2018, at 12:16, Richard Duivenvoorde <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

---

Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Chair

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Release blog post

Anita Graser

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 11:16 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 23-02-18 09:57, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 22-02-18 20:39, Anita Graser wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've drafted a release blog post for blog.qgis.org
>> <http://blog.qgis.org> for tomorrow. Key messages include: 2.14 is
>> retired, 2.18 is the LTR, and packages are currently being prepared.
>>
>> Please check and add any info you think is relevant.

Hi Anita,

I think it is short and clear.

Should we maybe add our favorite feature screenshot?

​Sure, go ahead and add it.​

Should we maybe add a link to:
https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog3
(where we for now add a few lines like: we are still busy summing up and
creating screenshots for 3.0, please see a preliminary version here:
http://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.0.0/)

​Sounds good. I didn't add it yesterday because I thought it wouldn't be ready in time. ​

Should we also remove the 'Get Ready for QGIS3 now' banner and replace
it with a QGIS3 release one?
@Anita, do you have a Girona banner available?

​Yes, I was planning to upload it in the evening but if you want to do it now, the image is:

Re: Release blog post

Régis Haubourg
Nice splash screen! Well done.

régis

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 11:16 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 23-02-18 09:57, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 22-02-18 20:39, Anita Graser wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've drafted a release blog post for blog.qgis.org
>> <http://blog.qgis.org> for tomorrow. Key messages include: 2.14 is
>> retired, 2.18 is the LTR, and packages are currently being prepared.
>>
>> Please check and add any info you think is relevant.

Hi Anita,

I think it is short and clear.

Should we maybe add our favorite feature screenshot?

​Sure, go ahead and add it.​

Should we maybe add a link to:
https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog3
(where we for now add a few lines like: we are still busy summing up and
creating screenshots for 3.0, please see a preliminary version here:
http://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.0.0/)

​Sounds good. I didn't add it yesterday because I thought it wouldn't be ready in time. ​

Should we also remove the 'Get Ready for QGIS3 now' banner and replace
it with a QGIS3 release one?
@Anita, do you have a Girona banner available?

​Yes, I was planning to upload it in the evening but if you want to do it now, the image is:

Re: Release blog post

Tim Sutton-6
Anita I added images for all the current sponsors (like we have in the changelog) to the blog post.

Andreas: I presume the list is current?

Regards

Tim

On 23 Feb 2018, at 13:07, Régis Haubourg <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nice splash screen! Well done.

régis

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 11:16 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 23-02-18 09:57, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 22-02-18 20:39, Anita Graser wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've drafted a release blog post for blog.qgis.org
>> <http://blog.qgis.org> for tomorrow. Key messages include: 2.14 is
>> retired, 2.18 is the LTR, and packages are currently being prepared.
>>
>> Please check and add any info you think is relevant.

Hi Anita,

I think it is short and clear.

Should we maybe add our favorite feature screenshot?

​Sure, go ahead and add it.​

Should we maybe add a link to:
https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog3
(where we for now add a few lines like: we are still busy summing up and
creating screenshots for 3.0, please see a preliminary version here:
http://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.0.0/)

​Sounds good. I didn't add it yesterday because I thought it wouldn't be ready in time. ​

Should we also remove the 'Get Ready for QGIS3 now' banner and replace
it with a QGIS3 release one?
@Anita, do you have a Girona banner available?

​Yes, I was planning to upload it in the evening but if you want to do it now, the image is:

---

Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Chair

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Release blog post

Andreas Neumann-4

Yes - sponsors in changelog should be up-to-date. I did changes yesterday and today. If you just pulled it from a few minutes ago, then it should be up-to-date.

Andreas

On 23.02.2018 12:26, Tim Sutton wrote:
Anita I added images for all the current sponsors (like we have in the changelog) to the blog post.

Andreas: I presume the list is current?

Regards

Tim

On 23 Feb 2018, at 13:07, Régis Haubourg <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nice splash screen! Well done.

régis

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 11:16 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 23-02-18 09:57, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 22-02-18 20:39, Anita Graser wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've drafted a release blog post for blog.qgis.org
>> <http://blog.qgis.org> for tomorrow. Key messages include: 2.14 is
>> retired, 2.18 is the LTR, and packages are currently being prepared.
>>
>> Please check and add any info you think is relevant.

Hi Anita,

I think it is short and clear.

Should we maybe add our favorite feature screenshot?

​Sure, go ahead and add it.​

Should we maybe add a link to:
https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog3
(where we for now add a few lines like: we are still busy summing up and
creating screenshots for 3.0, please see a preliminary version here:
http://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.0.0/)

​Sounds good. I didn't add it yesterday because I thought it wouldn't be ready in time. ​

Should we also remove the 'Get Ready for QGIS3 now' banner and replace
it with a QGIS3 release one?
@Anita, do you have a Girona banner available?

​Yes, I was planning to upload it in the evening but if you want to do it now, the image is:

---

Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Chair

Re: Release blog post

Tim Sutton-6
Hi

Yes I grabbed it a few minutes ago - thank you so much Andreas!

Regards

Tim

On 23 Feb 2018, at 13:31, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yes - sponsors in changelog should be up-to-date. I did changes yesterday and today. If you just pulled it from a few minutes ago, then it should be up-to-date.

Andreas

On 23.02.2018 12:26, Tim Sutton wrote:
Anita I added images for all the current sponsors (like we have in the changelog) to the blog post.

Andreas: I presume the list is current?

Regards

Tim

On 23 Feb 2018, at 13:07, Régis Haubourg <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nice splash screen! Well done.

régis

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 11:16 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 23-02-18 09:57, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 22-02-18 20:39, Anita Graser wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've drafted a release blog post for blog.qgis.org
>> <http://blog.qgis.org> for tomorrow. Key messages include: 2.14 is
>> retired, 2.18 is the LTR, and packages are currently being prepared.
>>
>> Please check and add any info you think is relevant.

Hi Anita,

I think it is short and clear.

Should we maybe add our favorite feature screenshot?

​Sure, go ahead and add it.​

Should we maybe add a link to:
https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog3
(where we for now add a few lines like: we are still busy summing up and
creating screenshots for 3.0, please see a preliminary version here:
http://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.0.0/)

​Sounds good. I didn't add it yesterday because I thought it wouldn't be ready in time. ​

Should we also remove the 'Get Ready for QGIS3 now' banner and replace
it with a QGIS3 release one?
@Anita, do you have a Girona banner available?

​Yes, I was planning to upload it in the evening but if you want to do it now, the image is:

 <qgis-icon-60x60.png>

---

Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Chair

Tim Sutton

Co-founder: Kartoza
Project chair: QGIS.org

Desktop GIS programming services
Geospatial web development
GIS Training
Consulting Services

Skype: timlinux
IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Release blog post

Anita Graser
I've published the post now. Thanks everyone for providing input!

Regards,
Anita

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Release blog post

Tim Sutton-6
Thanks Anita!

Regards

Tim

On 23 Feb 2018, at 20:38, Anita Graser <[hidden email]> wrote:

I've published the post now. Thanks everyone for providing input!

Regards,
Anita

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 12:34 PM, Tim Sutton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

Yes I grabbed it a few minutes ago - thank you so much Andreas!

Regards

Tim

On 23 Feb 2018, at 13:31, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yes - sponsors in changelog should be up-to-date. I did changes yesterday and today. If you just pulled it from a few minutes ago, then it should be up-to-date.

Andreas

On 23.02.2018 12:26, Tim Sutton wrote:
Anita I added images for all the current sponsors (like we have in the changelog) to the blog post.

Andreas: I presume the list is current?

Regards

Tim

On 23 Feb 2018, at 13:07, Régis Haubourg <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nice splash screen! Well done.

régis

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 11:16 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 23-02-18 09:57, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 22-02-18 20:39, Anita Graser wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've drafted a release blog post for blog.qgis.org
>> <http://blog.qgis.org> for tomorrow. Key messages include: 2.14 is
>> retired, 2.18 is the LTR, and packages are currently being prepared.
>>
>> Please check and add any info you think is relevant.

Hi Anita,

I think it is short and clear.

Should we maybe add our favorite feature screenshot?

​Sure, go ahead and add it.​

Should we maybe add a link to:
https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog3
(where we for now add a few lines like: we are still busy summing up and
creating screenshots for 3.0, please see a preliminary version here:
http://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.0.0/)

​Sounds good. I didn't add it yesterday because I thought it wouldn't be ready in time. ​

Should we also remove the 'Get Ready for QGIS3 now' banner and replace
it with a QGIS3 release one?
@Anita, do you have a Girona banner available?

​Yes, I was planning to upload it in the evening but if you want to do it now, the image is:

 <qgis-icon-60x60.png>

---

Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Chair

<KartozaNewLogoThumbnail.jpg>

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

---

Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Chair

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Release blog post

Anita Graser
FYI The changelog link currently points to Projecta http://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.0.0/ until the Website copy is up.

Anita

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

---

Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Chair

Re: Release blog post

Andreas Neumann-4

I will continue to work on the changelog on Sunday and next week (tomorrow I am traveling home). Better wait with pulling the final version.

Thanks,

Andreas

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

---

Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Chair

Re: Release blog post

Anita Graser
Could you take out the "Note: QGIS 3.0 is not released yet." :-)

Anita

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

---

Tim Sutton