[Release] - SLD's for Ordnance Survey data

[Release] - SLD's for Ordnance Survey data

Jonathan Moules-2
Hi All
Something that may be of interest to some on this list: I've released a number of our corporate assets to GitHub.

The SLD's have a few of the more advanced filters in them so may be of interest even to those who don't wish to load Ordnance Survey data, but instead use them as an implementation reference (Use them with a good Desktop search and "find within" for instance).

* SLD files for our Ordnance Survey styling, including four different MasterMap stylings, and two complete view stacks (1:250 to 1:10,000,000).

* FME Workspaces - mostly for loading OS Data, but there's also a fairly decent data quality checker in there to.

* General Python scripts, one of which converts a WMS GetCapabilities document to a KML file (I've posted this to the list before).

Hope someone finds these useful.

Cheers,
Jonathan

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain confidential, sensitive or personal information and should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us, including without limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.

Re: [Release] - SLD's for Ordnance Survey data

Ismail, Mark

I look forward to taking a look at these

Thanks for sharing

Mark Ismail

Principal IT Officer

Tel: 0151 443 3021

Knowsley Council  ê  Westmorland Road  ê Huyton ê L36 9GL

Save time – use the IT Service Desk Self Serve Application

[...]

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. It may contain privileged information and is intended for the named recipient(s) only. It must not be distributed without consent. If you are not one of the intended recipients, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose, distribute, or retain this email or any part of it and do not take any action based on it.

Unless expressly stated, opinions in this email are those of the individual sender, and not of Knowsley MBC. Legally binding obligations can only be created for, or be entered into on behalf of, Knowsley MBC by duly authorised officers or representatives.

Knowsley MBC excludes any liability whatsoever for any offence caused, any direct or consequential loss arising from the use, or reliance on, this e-mail or its contents. We believe but do not warrant that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free. You must therefore take full responsibility for virus checking and no responsibility is accepted for loss or damage arising from viruses or changes made to this message after it was sent. Knowsley MBC reserves the right to monitor and/or record all e-mail communications through its network in accordance with relevant legislation.

Re: [Release] - SLD's for Ordnance Survey data

McDonaldR

How’s that for timing!

I’ve just spent the last couple of days getting Geoserver SLDs prepped for OS MasterMap, VML, VMD, Meridian and Strategi using the OS SLDs as a starter.  They are on Github too at https://github.com/mixedbredie/Geoserver-OS-SLDs (more to come).  I’ll be interested to see how you handle the changeover between layers.

Cheers

Ross

[...]

This message is strictly confidential. If you have received this in error, please inform the sender and remove it from your system. If received in error you may not copy, print, forward or use it or any attachment in any way. This message is not capable of creating a legal contract or a binding representation and does not represent the views of Angus Council. Emails may be monitored for security and network management reasons.  Messages containing inappropriate content may be intercepted. Angus Council does not accept any liability for any harm that may be caused to the recipient system or data on it by this message or any attachment.

Re: [Release] - SLD's for Ordnance Survey data

russoggi255
One thing to watch out for if you are importing the OS sip files into Postgresql is maintain the case of the fields.

All(?) of the SLD use uppercase for attribute names e.g. CODE, ROADNUM, etc.

Use the -k switch on shp2pgsql tool.

Russ (Once bitten, etc.)

On 21 Aug 2014, at 16:39, McDonaldR <[hidden email]> wrote:

How’s that for timing!

I’ve just spent the last couple of days getting Geoserver SLDs prepped for OS MasterMap, VML, VMD, Meridian and Strategi using the OS SLDs as a starter.  They are on Github too at https://github.com/mixedbredie/Geoserver-OS-SLDs (more to come).  I’ll be interested to see how you handle the changeover between layers.

Cheers

Ross

Re: [Release] - SLD's for Ordnance Survey data

jody.garnett
That is really cool - would you be in position to take some screen snaps so we can write this up as a geoserver blog post?

(we had a similar one a couple months back with some great maps from france- and are always on the lookout for more).

Jody Garnett

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 7:17 AM, Jonathan Moules <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ross: Sorry, I meant to release these ages ago but never got around to it. My impending departure from WCC forced my hand.  I have to admit I never really tried the OS SLD's - I was put off by the license (even though the license just says "you'll agree to our other licenses"). From what I did see they looked fairly simplistic.

Russ:
All(?) of the SLD use uppercase for attribute names e.g. CODE, ROADNUM, etc.
All of mine do yes use upper-case, yes. It's a convention we've acquired for how we store data in Oracle.

Jody:
There are actually samples images in SLD release - one for every zoom level they're designed for. I forgot to mention them in the release. For example here are the web-style ones: https://github.com/warwickshire/SLDs/tree/master/Stack_VectorMap-Web_Style/Samples

Personally I don't think this styling is as good as the French one, but I'm happy for a write-up if that's what you want. While SLD's are always custom, it does seem like a repository of them would make things easier for other users to use them as a reference for less-well-documented features.

Cheers,
Jonathan