Recused

Paul Ramsey
FYI, in case anyone is wondering, I’m recused from the 2nd stage 2020 vote as I am program chair of the Calgary bid.
But I voted in the 1st stage, what’s up with that? I hadn’t joined Calgary and had no plans to during the 1st stage. Life happens.
ATB,
Paul

Re: Recused

Till Adams-3
Hi Paul,

many thanks for your information and I think that everyone here knows
you and believes in what you say. So, I see no issue in the fact, that
you were not involved in the Calgary team when voting for stage 1.

All the best!

Till

Am 12.12.18 um 16:00 schrieb Paul Ramsey:
> FYI, in case anyone is wondering, I’m recused from the 2nd stage 2020 vote as I am program chair of the Calgary bid.
> But I voted in the 1st stage, what’s up with that? I hadn’t joined Calgary and had no plans to during the 1st stage. Life happens.
> ATB,
> Paul

Re: Recused

Venkatesh Raghavan-2
Rather than waiting till the last minute of voting deadline,
Paul should have informed about his withdrawal from the selection
process that moment he accepted to be program chair of the
Calgary bid.

Venka

On 12/13/2018 12:27 AM, Till Adams wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> many thanks for your information and I think that everyone here knows
> you and believes in what you say. So, I see no issue in the fact, that
> you were not involved in the Calgary team when voting for stage 1.
>
> All the best!
>
> Till
>

> Am 12.12.18 um 16:00 schrieb Paul Ramsey:
>> FYI, in case anyone is wondering, I’m recused from the 2nd stage 2020 vote as I am program chair of the Calgary bid.
>> But I voted in the 1st stage, what’s up with that? I hadn’t joined Calgary and had no plans to during the 1st stage. Life happens.
>> ATB,
>> Paul

Re: Recused

stevenfeldman
Why? He recused himself. He hadn't voted. What's the problem?

Regards
Steven

+44 (0) 7958 924101
Sent from my iPhone

> On 13 Dec 2018, at 11:43, Venka <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Rather than waiting till the last minute of voting deadline,
> Paul should have informed about his withdrawal from the selection
> process that moment he accepted to be program chair of the
> Calgary bid.
>
> Venka
>
>> On 12/13/2018 12:27 AM, Till Adams wrote:
>> Hi Paul,
>> many thanks for your information and I think that everyone here knows
>> you and believes in what you say. So, I see no issue in the fact, that
>> you were not involved in the Calgary team when voting for stage 1.
>> All the best!
>> Till
>>> Am 12.12.18 um 16:00 schrieb Paul Ramsey:
>>> FYI, in case anyone is wondering, I’m recused from the 2nd stage 2020 vote as I am program chair of the Calgary bid.
>>> But I voted in the 1st stage, what’s up with that? I hadn’t joined Calgary and had no plans to during the 1st stage. Life happens.
>>> ATB,
>>> Paul

Re: Recused

Till Adams-3
Venka,

as said, I see no issues with the proceeding of Paul. He will not vote
for stage 2 and he was not in CLOC when he voted for stage 1.

I do not see any reason to discredit someone who's done so much for our
community. What's the purpose behind it?

Regards, Till

Am 13.12.18 um 12:43 schrieb Venka:

> Rather than waiting till the last minute of voting deadline,
> Paul should have informed about his withdrawal from the selection
> process that moment he accepted to be program chair of the
> Calgary bid.
>
> Venka
>
> On 12/13/2018 12:27 AM, Till Adams wrote:
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> many thanks for your information and I think that everyone here knows
>> you and believes in what you say. So, I see no issue in the fact, that
>> you were not involved in the Calgary team when voting for stage 1.
>>
>> All the best!
>>
>> Till
>>

>> Am 12.12.18 um 16:00 schrieb Paul Ramsey:
>>> FYI, in case anyone is wondering, I’m recused from the 2nd stage
>>> 2020 vote as I am program chair of the Calgary bid.
>>> But I voted in the 1st stage, what’s up with that? I hadn’t joined
>>> Calgary and had no plans to during the 1st stage. Life happens.
>>> ATB,
>>> Paul

Re: Recused

Mark Iliffe-2
Seconded.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 13 Dec 2018, at 07:02, Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Venka,
>
> as said, I see no issues with the proceeding of Paul. He will not vote
> for stage 2 and he was not in CLOC when he voted for stage 1.
>
> I do not see any reason to discredit someone who's done so much for our
> community. What's the purpose behind it?
>
> Regards, Till
>

>> Am 13.12.18 um 12:43 schrieb Venka:
>> Rather than waiting till the last minute of voting deadline,
>> Paul should have informed about his withdrawal from the selection
>> process that moment he accepted to be program chair of the
>> Calgary bid.
>>
>> Venka
>>
>>> On 12/13/2018 12:27 AM, Till Adams wrote:
>>> Hi Paul,
>>>
>>> many thanks for your information and I think that everyone here knows
>>> you and believes in what you say. So, I see no issue in the fact, that
>>> you were not involved in the Calgary team when voting for stage 1.
>>>
>>> All the best!
>>>
>>> Till

Re: Recused

Venkatesh Raghavan-2
Hi Till,

It is not my intention to discredit anyone.

Perhaps the way we look at the selection
procedure in a different way.

Venka

On 12/13/2018 9:02 PM, Till Adams wrote:

> Venka,
>
> as said, I see no issues with the proceeding of Paul. He will not vote
> for stage 2 and he was not in CLOC when he voted for stage 1.
>
> I do not see any reason to discredit someone who's done so much for our
> community. What's the purpose behind it?
>
> Regards, Till
>

> Am 13.12.18 um 12:43 schrieb Venka:
>> Rather than waiting till the last minute of voting deadline,
>> Paul should have informed about his withdrawal from the selection
>> process that moment he accepted to be program chair of the
>> Calgary bid.
>>
>> Venka
>>
>> On 12/13/2018 12:27 AM, Till Adams wrote:
>>> Hi Paul,
>>>
>>> many thanks for your information and I think that everyone here knows
>>> you and believes in what you say. So, I see no issue in the fact, that
>>> you were not involved in the Calgary team when voting for stage 1.
>>>
>>> All the best!
>>>
>>> Till

Re: Recused

stevenfeldman
Venka

I don't understand you. A member of the CC joined a LOC between stage 1 and
2. He then announces that he will not vote in stage 2.

You keep hinting (perhaps unintentionally) that there is something
inappropriate or wrong about this. Please explain or confirm that you are
not alleging anything inappropriate

Steven

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/OSGeo-Conference-Committee-f3721662.html