Recordings and results of the Kampala INSPIRE Virtual Hackathon

Recordings and results of the Kampala INSPIRE Virtual Hackathon

Suchith Anand

Dear all,

We would like to share with you the results from the Kampala INSPIRE Hackathon that started in March 2020. The Kampala INSPIRE hackathon  concluded with an online event on  6th May 2020. Participants representing all teams joined to share their final results and to celebrate their achievements in an awards ceremony. During this 3 hours long event, we learned about the results achieved by 10 teams who have addressed the 10 challenges covering agriculture, food security, desert locust, citizen science, traffic and more.

The INSPIRE hackathons main focus is building relationships, making rapid developments, and collecting ideas for future research and innovation. The goal of the Kampala INSPIRE Virtual Hackathon 2020 is to continue to build and strengthen relationships between several EU projects and African communities that started in 2019 with the Nairobi INSPIRE hackathon.

We are pleased to share the results of this international collaboration to support a sustainable Africa.

The video recordings and results are at https://www.smartafrihub.com/home/-/blogs/results-of-the-kampala-inspire-hackathon-2020

The INSPIRE hackathon is not an event, it is a process. You can read more about the projects at https://www.plan4all.eu/updates/kampala-inspire-hackathon-2020-challenges/

All participating teams will have the opportunity to submit their final reports to GODAN Gateway at https://f1000research.com/gateways/godan?selectedDomain=documents

Our congratulations to all participating teams and many thanks for excellent work to all participants and mentors. A special thanks to the Kampala INSPIRE Hackathon supporting organizations and projects that made this possible.

Best wishes,

Suchith

Dr. Suchith Anand

Chief Scientist

Global Open Data for Agriculture and Nutrition

https://www.godan.info

attachment.

where permitted by law.