Recompile Apache2 on Mapguide Opensource 2.5.0

Recompile Apache2 on Mapguide Opensource 2.5.0

Kyel
I am looking to recompile the Apache2 service that comes bundled with Mapguide Open Source 2.5.0, CentOS server.  As far as I can tell, the bundle is pre-compiled and does not include a 'configure' script to allow recompiling with additional libraries.

In particular, I am hoping to include a --with-mysql for this example, but would also like the freedom to upgrade the Apache2 service as needed in the future.

-Kyel

Re: Recompile Apache2 on Mapguide Opensource 2.5.0

Jackie Ng
We're using the standard httpd unix tarball kept under Oem/LinuxApt with a build_apt.sh shell script to do all the actual building. That's the file you probably want to check out and modify.

- Jackie

Re: Recompile Apache2 on Mapguide Opensource 2.5.0

Kyel
This post was updated on .
No results shown for 'find -name build_apt.sh' from the root directory on my server. I had looked for that before, and assumed it was part of the earlier Open Source builds that required manual apache2 builds.

Using 'grep -R -i with\-freetype *' I do see a build-defs.h file within mapguideopensource-2.5.0/webserverextensions/php/include/php/main/ that includes definitions for the ./configure command, but it is not self-evident to me how to execute this.

Re: Recompile Apache2 on Mapguide Opensource 2.5.0

Jackie Ng
We keep a tarball of httpd as part of the MapGuide *source code*.

The httpd tarball and build scripts are not part of a MapGuide installation or the binary tarball we package up.

- Jackie