Recommendation needed for an android application development technology

Recommendation needed for an android application development technology

yuvalkimel
Hi to all

I need to develop an android application for my mapguide site.

I have an agricultural Mapguide site supporting farmers in their daily
activities.

i am looking for the "right" technology for developing an android
application that would enable my farmers to read data from the Mapguide
site, and update or insert new data.

We are currently using

MapGuideOpenSource-2.6.1.8732-Final-x64

ApacheaMapguide 2.6

MYSQL 5.7.13.0

postgresql-10.7-1-windows-x64

Any help will greatly appreciated.

yuval

Re: Recommendation needed for an android application development technology

RenoSun
Hi yuvalkimel,

My first question is that if you actually need to build a Mapguide Android
application.

Does your customers need to edit/add/delete/search data offline?

If not, I will strongly recommend using MapGuide-React-Layout for mobile
friendly use of mapguide, and use mapguide-rest to allow your customers to
manage/maintain their data using mobile data/WiFi with their Android
tablets/phones.

Step 1: Upgrade your mapguide to 3.0 or above

Step 2:
Use Sidebar (mobile friendly) template (mapguide-react-layout):
https://github.com/jumpinjackie/mapguide-react-layout

Step 3:
Program your web app talking advantages of mapguide-rest to
edit/add/delete/search data features
https://github.com/jumpinjackie/mapguide-rest/wiki/Adapter-Documentation

I hope this helps a bit.