Reading CurveString and CurvePolygon Geometries from FGF Data

Reading CurveString and CurvePolygon Geometries from FGF Data

Bob Cave
Hello,

I am using the OGR Spatialite driver to read a database that has FGF geometries.  Some of the geometries are CurvePolygons, which are not currently supported in OGRGeometryFactory::createFromFgfInternal() as of GDAL 1.10.1.

Is support for FGF CurveString and CurvePolygon geometries currently in development?

Thank you.

Cheers,

Bob

Re: Reading CurveString and CurvePolygon Geometries from FGF Data

Even Rouault
Le vendredi 17 janvier 2014 17:08:38, Bob Cave a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am using the OGR Spatialite driver to read a database that has FGF
> geometries.  Some of the geometries are CurvePolygons, which are not
> currently supported in OGRGeometryFactory::createFromFgfInternal() as of
> GDAL 1.10.1.
>
> Is support for FGF CurveString and CurvePolygon geometries currently in
> development?

Not that I'm aware of.

There's not yet support in OGR core for curve geometries, so that would be a
preliminary step to implement support for the FGF curve geometries. This is
something that could be part of the big changes for OGR 2.0
(http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/GDAL20Changes). A few years ago I had started
preliminary work in a sandbox but didn't pursue.

Another annoying thing for implementation is that the link in
http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FDORfc16 to the FGF binary spec seems to have
disappeared.

Do people actually use FDO SQLite databases.... ?

Even

--
Geospatial professional services

Re: Reading CurveString and CurvePolygon Geometries from FGF Data

Bob Cave
Even Rouault wrote
Le vendredi 17 janvier 2014 17:08:38, Bob Cave a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am using the OGR Spatialite driver to read a database that has FGF
> geometries.  Some of the geometries are CurvePolygons, which are not
> currently supported in OGRGeometryFactory::createFromFgfInternal() as of
> GDAL 1.10.1.
>
> Is support for FGF CurveString and CurvePolygon geometries currently in
> development?

Not that I'm aware of.

There's not yet support in OGR core for curve geometries, so that would be a
preliminary step to implement support for the FGF curve geometries. This is
something that could be part of the big changes for OGR 2.0
(http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/GDAL20Changes). A few years ago I had started
preliminary work in a sandbox but didn't pursue.

Another annoying thing for implementation is that the link in
http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FDORfc16 to the FGF binary spec seems to have
disappeared.

Do people actually use FDO SQLite databases.... ?
Apparently, one of our customers uses an FDO SQLite database.

I have seen that the OGR core does not currently support curve geometries, so these objects could not be handled that way.  I was thinking that perhaps someone might be working on producing a polyline or polygon representation of an FGF curve object.

I found the FGF Binary Specification here.

Thanks,

Bob

Re: Reading CurveString and CurvePolygon Geometries from FGF Data

Brian Case
bob,

if you decide to go the mask band route you wont be able to use a vrt.
you will need to use gdalwarp or mapserver

Brian