Re: team foss4g mailing list

Maelle Vercauteren
Hello,

In the absence of a skype, that might not  be planned… I still have a few questions ;-)

Gael do you know what will be decided with the CIRB this Friday morning?
Can we confirm our event on October 26 at BEL?

If so, could we act quickly with the following tasks (but who could do it ?):

1) take care of updating the call for papers [1] in French [2] and Dutch [3] ?
It should be sent early next week before the big start on holidays.

2) contact the pair of translators: if there is a confirmation that we want a translation NL-FR and FR-NL?

3) update the call for sponsors and  consider where we could put their stands?
May be they would appreciate to be in the lobby, as it would make them even more visible ... or do you have any other ideas?

4) Try to involve some people in Brussels-Environment to help us

Please, tell us what you think about these issues.

Cheers, Maë//e

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-BE_2017_Call_for_Papers

[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-BE_2016_Call_for_Papers/fr

[3] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-BE_2016_Call_for_Papers/nl

Johan,

I'm not sure that Theo an Moritz want to be active for the organization.
But we certainly need to ask or invite the new member of osgeo (Nicolas, Julien , Christophe, ...)
About the date of venue, I confirm that we have an option for the 26 octobre, or first choice at the BEL (http://bel.brussels/). But the large room at the floor is no more available ! The impact is important,  certainly for the sponsor ...
Currently I am waiting for the contact details of the communication officers at the CIRB, to organize a meeting on sponsoring the venue.

Regards

Gael

Re: team foss4g mailing list

Johan Van de Wauw
Maelle,

I've just edited the call for papers English text, I was planning to
update the Dutch version as we speak.

I've also populated the belgium-announce mailinglist with all email
addresses of previous participants of FOSS4G and members of OSGeo.
This is a (moderated) mailing list we can use to send out
announcements like the call for papers.

Kind Regards,
Johan

jmckenna