Re: qgis2 upgrade

Tim Sutton-6
Just let me migrate the plugins site first. - I will try to do it this weekend.

Regards

Tim

On 3 Apr 2019, at 21:06, Richard 🌍 Duivenvoorde <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

tldr; I think we need to upgrade qgis2 (is 7.11/Wheezy)

Wheezy on qgis2 (docs, plugins, stripe, version, api) is EOL

I had some troubles today to upgrade the letsencrypt certificate, but
succeeded with [0]

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

[0] https://github.com/certbot/certbot/issues/6824

---

Tim Sutton

Re: qgis2 upgrade

Richard Duivenvoorde
Sure, did not want to start before that. And I do not thing we should
actually upgrade the physical server, but split it up probably:
- if plugins moves to qgis5
- building/serving of docs/site can also move to a cloud server I think
- then there is the (Debian/?) package building which should be migrated

Let us do the plugin site move together, I'm available all weekend, so
just ping me

Richard

On 03/04/2019 23.52, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Just let me migrate the plugins site first. - I will try to do it this
> weekend.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
>> On 3 Apr 2019, at 21:06, Richard 🌍 Duivenvoorde <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> tldr; I think we need to upgrade qgis2 (is 7.11/Wheezy)
>>
>> Wheezy on qgis2 (docs, plugins, stripe, version, api) is EOL
>>
>> I had some troubles today to upgrade the letsencrypt certificate, but
>> succeeded with [0]
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Duivenvoorde
>>
>> [0] https://github.com/certbot/certbot/issues/6824
>

> ---
>
> *Tim Sutton*

Re: qgis2 upgrade

Alessandro Pasotti-2

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 8:23 AM Richard Duivenvoorde <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sure, did not want to start before that. And I do not thing we should
actually upgrade the physical server, but split it up probably:
- if plugins moves to qgis5
- building/serving of docs/site can also move to a cloud server I think
- then there is the (Debian/?) package building which should be migrated

Let us do the plugin site move together, I'm available all weekend, so
just ping me

Ping me too (I don't know where I will be this weekend, but who knows).

Please consider migrating to the modernize branch: I did a lot of work in order to use latest version of Django and Python 3.

I believe the feed and usermap app could stay on the old server for a while until they are also updated to Python 3 and a recent Django.

Richard

On 03/04/2019 23.52, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Just let me migrate the plugins site first. - I will try to do it this
> weekend.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
>> On 3 Apr 2019, at 21:06, Richard 🌍 Duivenvoorde <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> tldr; I think we need to upgrade qgis2 (is 7.11/Wheezy)
>>
>> Wheezy on qgis2 (docs, plugins, stripe, version, api) is EOL
>>
>> I had some troubles today to upgrade the letsencrypt certificate, but
>> succeeded with [0]
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Duivenvoorde
>>
>> [0] https://github.com/certbot/certbot/issues/6824
>

> ---
>
> *Tim Sutton*

Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it

Re: qgis2 upgrade

Jürgen E. Fischer
Hi Richard,

On Thu, 04. Apr 2019 at 08:23:27 +0200, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> - then there is the (Debian/?) package building which should be migrated

stretch not uptodate enough?

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax. +49-4931-918175-50

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
GF: Juergen Fischer, Nils Kutscher HR: Amtsgericht Aurich HRB 100827
Datenschutzerklaerung: https://www.norbit.de/83/

Re: qgis2 upgrade

Richard Duivenvoorde
On 04/04/2019 08.53, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On Thu, 04. Apr 2019 at 08:23:27 +0200, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
>> - then there is the (Debian/?) package building which should be migrated
>
> stretch not uptodate enough?

If it does not brake things, sure it would be ok ...

But the migrating of the plugins site to qgis5 cloud server (and to the
new version of Django/Python was planned anyway. So I would wait for that.

Richard

Re: qgis2 upgrade

Tim Sutton-6
Thanks Richard and Ale, I will do, and yes I will use the modernze branch.

Regards

Tim

On 4 Apr 2019, at 07:36, Alessandro Pasotti <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 8:23 AM Richard Duivenvoorde <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sure, did not want to start before that. And I do not thing we should
actually upgrade the physical server, but split it up probably:
- if plugins moves to qgis5
- building/serving of docs/site can also move to a cloud server I think
- then there is the (Debian/?) package building which should be migrated

Let us do the plugin site move together, I'm available all weekend, so
just ping me

Ping me too (I don't know where I will be this weekend, but who knows).

Please consider migrating to the modernize branch: I did a lot of work in order to use latest version of Django and Python 3.

I believe the feed and usermap app could stay on the old server for a while until they are also updated to Python 3 and a recent Django.

Richard

On 03/04/2019 23.52, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Just let me migrate the plugins site first. - I will try to do it this
> weekend.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
>> On 3 Apr 2019, at 21:06, Richard 🌍 Duivenvoorde <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> tldr; I think we need to upgrade qgis2 (is 7.11/Wheezy)
>>
>> Wheezy on qgis2 (docs, plugins, stripe, version, api) is EOL
>>
>> I had some troubles today to upgrade the letsencrypt certificate, but
>> succeeded with [0]
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Duivenvoorde
>>
>> [0] https://github.com/certbot/certbot/issues/6824
>

> ---
>
> *Tim Sutton*
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it

Tim Sutton

Co-founder: Kartoza
Ex Project chair: QGIS.org

Desktop GIS programming services
Geospatial web development
GIS Training
Consulting Services

Skype: timlinux
IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

I'd love to connect. Here's my calendar link to make finding time easy.

Re: qgis2 upgrade

Jürgen E. Fischer
Hi Richard,

On Thu, 04. Apr 2019 at 12:34:53 +0200, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> > stretch not uptodate enough?

> If it does not brake things, sure it would be ok ...

Not sure I follow - what's the plan?  I just meant that the building container
is already on stretch.  Does it also need to be moved?

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. +49-4931-918175-50
Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode

On 04/04/2019 14.57, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On Thu, 04. Apr 2019 at 12:34:53 +0200, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
>>> stretch not uptodate enough?
>
>> If it does not brake things, sure it would be ok ...
>
> Not sure I follow - what's the plan?  I just meant that the building container
> is already on stretch.  Does it also need to be moved?

Plan (my plan..) was to:
- move plugins site from dockers to qgis3 (so away from qgis2)
- then see what we want
- but I had troubles upgrading letsencrypt, and we have that server
already for 5(?) years, so I thought it was a nice opportunity to
upgrade it (OR just rent another server, which gives us newer hardware,
OR split up over 2 or more cloud servers). For example the
building/serving of site/docs would be a good candidate to move to a
cloud server.
BUT no stress to move away from qgis2

Richard

Re: qgis2 upgrade

Tim Sutton-6
For those joining in the plugin migration, migration we will be hanging out here from 20h30 Portugal time:

Tim Sutton is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Plugins Website Migration
Time: Apr 6, 2019 8:30 PM Lisbon

Join Zoom Meeting

One tap mobile
+27875507717,,544742744# South Africa
+27875517702,,544742744# South Africa

Dial by your location
        +27 87 550 7717 South Africa
        +27 87 551 7702 South Africa
Meeting ID: 544 742 744
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acNeEOlrmb

Regards

Tim

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

I'd love to connect. Here's my calendar link to make finding time easy.