Re: [osgeo-ph] FOSS4G workshop

maning sambale
Dear Sir Ariel,

Great news!  @Jules and Mark, please advise on what we need to prepare
or what specific topic you have in mind.  On my end, I can commit:
 - QGIS basics workhsop
 - Contributing to OpenStreetMap

--
cheers,
maning

Re: [osgeo-ph] FOSS4G workshop

maning sambale
Dear Sirs Ariel, Jules and Mark,

I have listed a couple of session topics for the FOSS4G per-symposium
workshop track [0].  This is just an initial list and will be subject
to change.  Feel free to add more session topics if others people are
willing to take the lead in the workshop.

Is it possible for us to have a face to face meeting to discuss
details of the workshop?

[0] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Philippines/philgeos2012

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 11:22 AM, maning sambale
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Sir Ariel,
>
> Great news!  @Jules and Mark, please advise on what we need to prepare
> or what specific topic you have in mind.  On my end, I can commit:
>  - QGIS basics workhsop
>  - Contributing to OpenStreetMap
>

> On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM, ariel c. blanco <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello Maning,
>>
>> November 22 is pre-sumposium workshop day. Your might want to offer a free
>> workshop to registered participants of PhilGEOS to promote FOSS. This can be
>> a joint workshop between OSMP and DGE (cc'd here are Sir Jules and Sir
>> Mark). The lab rooms (20-25 pax each) will be made available for this.
>> Best regards,
>> Ariel
>

> --
> cheers,
> maning
> wiki: http://esambale.wikispaces.com/
> blog: http://epsg4253.wordpress.com/

cheers,
maning

Re: [osgeo-ph] FOSS4G workshop

maning sambale
True.  But I think this will be a popular topic and besides, you can
use Google APIs to "talk" to many FOSS4G technologies.

--
cheers,
maning

Re: [osgeo-ph] FOSS4G workshop

maning sambale
Dear Sir Arial,

Just to clarify who can participate in the workshops?  Is this open to
anyone or participants should register and pay the conference fee in
order to attend?