Re: j9ecw,j9shp compile (Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio)

Re: j9ecw,j9shp compile (Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio)

oceangis
Hi Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio:
First of all, thanks for you quick reply.

Try to compile this project has following reasons.
1.I am new to java and new to gvsig mobile project ,want to know realization of this project more clearly.
2.i found this application is a little slow to display large amounts of data(shp or ecw file), want to improve the performance.
3.field survey work my involve other mobile terminal,such an gps,camera,pocket pc or smart phone and so on, i want to collect this information from other terminal automatically and sent this to data center, this work has to use c or c++.

Regards,
Xia Tao
2011-05-14

Re: j9ecw,j9shp compile (Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio)

Juan Lucas Domínguez
Hello,
some comments:

- Just to clarify: the projects "j9shp" and "j9ecw" are valid also for PhoneME, so they should be called "java-cdc-shp" and "java-cdc-ecw" because gvSIG Mobile is a Java CDC application [1], but they still have the old name.

- The native methods implemented in j9shp are only used  if the SHP file is too big to be kept in memory. The j9shp methods read one geometry in each call, so it will work well if you have a SHP with few geometries and each geometry has many vertices.

- I think handheld devices are not supposed to handle huge vector layers. You normally crop or select the area of interest before starting the field work

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)
Tlf.: 96.351.06.12 -- Fax: 96.351.09.68