Re installed mapserver gives error Call to undefined function: ms_newmapobj()

Re installed mapserver gives error Call to undefined function: ms_newmapobj()

kusum-3
I have reinstalled the Fedora and mapserver 5.0.0 with the working set of
the mapfile,
index and template. I am not sure if it has anything to do with the new version.
I am getting the following error.

[error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function ms_newMapObj() in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/pmapper2/incphp/globals.php on line 70
where line 70 of the script is:
$map = ms_newMapObj($mapFile);

Is there someone to give me a hand on this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Kusum.