Re: gvsig runtime error

wenzeslaus
Hi all,

I'm trying to compile gvSIG in Eclipse. I followed these manuals
[2,3,4] and used this repository and tag [1].

I have downloaded and compiled these projects:
- appgvSIG
- _fwAndami
- binaries
- libFMap
- libExceptions
- libJCRS
- libIverUtiles
- libUIcomponent
- libInternationalization
- libCorePlugin
- extJCRS
There are no errors during compilation.

But I have errors on start up. I have almost the same log as in [10]
(or above). First error is:

ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-1] (Launcher.java:874) - Cannot locate extension
classcom.iver.cit.gvsig.ViewControls

I have checked manually that in
_wfAndami/gvSIG/extensiones/com.iver.cit.gvsig/lib/com.iver.cit.gvsig.jar
is class com.iver.cit.gvsig.ViewControls (file
/com/iver/cit/gvsig/ViewControls.java).
In the same place is for example extension
com.iver.cit.gvsig.ViewSelectionControls which is initialized:
INFO [AWT-EventQueue-1] (Launcher.java:855) - Initializing
com.iver.cit.gvsig.ViewSelectionControls...

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04, Eclipse SDK 3.5.2. Manuals suggested to set
Java Compiler compliance level to 1.5. Runtime JRE is set to Project
JRE (java-6-openjdk).
In command line java -version prints:
java version "1.6.0_20"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.9.7) (6b20-1.9.7-0ubuntu1~10.04.1)
OpenJDK Client VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode, sharing)

Should I try to use Maven? But it could be an issue, I think (some
urls in pom.xml files doesn't exist any more). Or I could try running
gvSIG in command line, but I don't know right parameters. However, I
suppose it wouldn't solve the problem.

extension ViewControls have not.

repository
[1] https://svn.forge.osor.eu/svn/gvsig-desktop/tags/v1_9_Build_1253

manuals
[2] https://confluence.prodevelop.es/display/WSS/GvSIG+Installation
[3] https://gvsig.org/web/docdev/docs/svn_article/building-from-svn
[4] http://www.gvsig.org/web/docdev/building-from-svn/building-gvsig-from-svn
[5] http://gvsig-desktop.forge.osor.eu/downloads/pub/documents/devel-documentation/collaborations/Gvsig-1-9-en-Eclipse.pdf

related threads
[6] http://listserv.gva.es/pipermail/gvsig_desarrolladores/2010-May/004320.html
[7] http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/ERROR-main-Launcher-java-448-excepcion-al-arrancar-td5563318.html
[8] http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/error-al-ejecutar-gvSIG-1-9-desde-eclipse-td5624984.html
[9] http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Eclipse-Settings-and-Compile-Steps-td6126934.html
[10] http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/gvsig-runtime-error-td5828233.html
(Some are in Spanish, so I don't understand them.)