Re: gvsig mobile_write to textfield(Tao Xia)

Re: gvsig mobile_write to textfield(Tao Xia)

oceangis
Hello,
    thanks for your reply!

    deploy enviroment:
    HTC 6975
    Windows Mobile 6.5(Chinese)

    I cannot enter any text in the "Description" text area and "Name" text field and in the project properties dialog; "path" textfield in "View" Tab of Application setting has the same problem; and i design a dialog which has several textfield also has this problem.
    If text field's value is empty(""),when i write text, there is no response.if text field has value,for example "gvm_project", after i write a "backspace" to this text field, the "t" character is deleted,and then  i write other characters , they are equivalent to "backspace".
    I have not found this reason.
    But ,the text field in  GenericForm (org.gvsig.forms.view, ) which display feature name and value can be input value, however when i write chinese character ,it display "□□□□□".
    My purpose is to write English and Chinese character to text field or text area.
    There is no problem when debugged on my computer.

    The log file is in attachment.

    Thanks!!
--
Xia Tao
China

log.rar (2K) Download Attachment

    phoneME Advanced - Personal Profile b168 rev20546(http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/?q=node/10)

[...]

Research Center for Marine Ecology
First Institute of Oceanography
State Oceanic Administration
China

Re: gvsig mobile_write to textfield(Tao Xia)

Juan Lucas Domínguez
Hello,
The log files don't have any info about that error.

It's a strange behavior, I guess the JVM has issues with the Chinese characters. It is difficult for me to help you because this depends on the TTF font files available in your Windows Mobile device and also depends on how the Windows Mobile GUI lets you enter the Chinese characters, so I cannot reproduce your problem.

What happens if you change by code the content of the project description?
Are you able to create by code a file "project.gvm" that contains Chinese characters?
What happens if you create it even by hand and then open it from gvSIG Mobile? The description is showed correctly in the properties dialog?

Another comment: in the log files there is a problem with the ECW DLL files. Have you changed the code that loads the DLL files (it is the first method in Launcher.java, it is like that to avoid memory issues)

Regards,
Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)