Re: [gdal-announce] GDAL Support For PostGIS Out-DB Raster

Re: [gdal-announce] GDAL Support For PostGIS Out-DB Raster

Even Rouault-2
Moving the discussion to gdal-dev

> Please, I wanted to find out if there is any ongoing work towards providing
> GDAL support for PostGIS Out-DB rasters. I have been in touch with both
> Postgres and QGIS and I was told that it is a limitation from GDAL.
>
> Is there any plan to implement this feature?

Yes, I should work on this in the coming weeks.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: [gdal-announce] GDAL Support For PostGIS Out-DB Raster

Osahon Oduware
Hi Even,

This is great news. I cannot wait for this feature to be implemented as it prevents double storage of rasters (database and filesystem).

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 4:18 PM, Even Rouault <[hidden email]> wrote:
Moving the discussion to gdal-dev

> Please, I wanted to find out if there is any ongoing work towards providing
> GDAL support for PostGIS Out-DB rasters. I have been in touch with both
> Postgres and QGIS and I was told that it is a limitation from GDAL.
>
> Is there any plan to implement this feature?

Yes, I should work on this in the coming weeks.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: [gdal-announce] GDAL Support For PostGIS Out-DB Raster

Osahon Oduware
Hi Even,

Any update on this? I have been away for a while.

Best Regards

On jeudi 31 mai 2018 20:04:58 CEST Osahon Oduware wrote:
> Hi Even,
>
> Any update on this? I have been away for a while.

Yep, support for out-db raster has been added in GDAL master, and backported
to 2.3 branch as well

See outdb_resolution option in http://gdal.org/frmt_postgisraster.html

2 new functions added to PostGIS 2.5dev as well to help reading the out-db
raster directly from client-side if client and server see the same raster.

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: [gdal-announce] GDAL Support For PostGIS Out-DB Raster

Osahon Oduware
Hi Even,

Thanks for the prompt response. Please, I want to know what is the minimum version of GDAL, PostgreSQL and Postgis that this outdb raster functionality is currently implemented.

Best Regards

On jeudi 31 mai 2018 21:35:30 CEST Osahon Oduware wrote:
> Hi Even,
>
> Thanks for the prompt response. Please, I want to know what is the minimum
> version of GDAL,
no released version yet. Will be in 2.3.1 (end of June probably) and 2.4.0
(next year)
> PostgreSQL
irrelevant. Any PostgreSQL version supported by the PostGIS version you use is
fine
> and Postgis
will be in Postgis 2.5.0. But not strictly needed. Existing versions will work
too

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: [gdal-announce] GDAL Support For PostGIS Out-DB Raster

Osahon Oduware
Ok, thanks a lot for the information. Great work.

http://www.spatialys.com