Re: coordination of documentation proposal

Re: coordination of documentation proposal

tomkralidis
Sounds good. Thanks Jachym!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 28, 2016, at 15:57, Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:

hi Tom,

generally, I agree, but I would like to keep the layout as it is now (sorry for doing, instead of reading this mail at first place):

I've re-newed pywps.org/docs page with links to

PyWPS-3 stable
PyWPS-3 tutorial

and PyWPS-4 - development

documentation.

Once PyWPS-4 is out, that should be clearly *the* main link.

I've asked Alex, to pass me the Owner rights at readthedocs for PyWPS project http://readthedocs.org/projects/pywps/ once I have it, I'll manage it and point to current location

ok?

Jachym

čt 28. 1. 2016 v 15:16 odesílatel Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> napsal:
Hi all: I've started to take a look at the PyWPS documentation state
of affairs and have come up with the following:

Current scenario: there are numerous documentation paths:

- main docs landing page: https://pywps.github.io/documentation/index.html
- PyWPS 4 docs: http://pywps.readthedocs.org/en/latest/install.html
- PyWPS 3.x tutorial:
http://jachym.github.io/pywps-tutorial/build/html/index.html
- PyWPS 3 docs: http://geopython.github.io/pywps/doc/build/html/

I think it would be valuable to have pywps.org/docs be a landing page
to the above
with pywps.readthedocs.org pointing to PyWPS 3 docs in
https://github.com/geopython/pywps
and once PyWPS 4 is final then this will naturally fold into
pywps.readthedocs.org given the binding to
https://github.com/geopython/pywps

Thoughts/comments?

..Tom