Re: X Error of failed request: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)

Re: X Error of failed request: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)

Pragyansmita Nayak
Hi,

I have installed grass6.0.0-2 in Windows using Cygwin. On opening a cygwin
window, I execute "startxwin.bat xterm". "startxwin.bat - Starting on
Windows NT/2000/XP/2003" is displayed on the cygwin window and a xterm
window pops up.

In the new xterm window, I execute "grass60 -gui
/home/grass/grass60/data/spearfish60/pragyan "

Welcome to GRASS 6.0.0 (2005)
GRASS homepage:                          http://grass.itc.it/
This version running thru:               GNU Bash (Cygwin)
(/usr/bin/bash.exe)
Help is available with the command:      g.manual -i
See the licence terms with:              g.version -c
If required, restart the graphical user interface with: d.m &
When ready to quit enter:                exit
GRASS 6.0.0 (spearfish60):~ > X Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly
request too large or internal Xlib length error)
  Major opcode of failed request:  28 (X_GrabButton)
  Serial number of failed request:  340
  Current serial number in output stream:  339

Can anyone please tell me how to do away with the above X error?

Thank you in advance,
Pragyan

Re: Re: X Error of failed request: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)

Pragyansmita Nayak
Hi,

I am able to resolve it. If you ever see this error, make sure wish8.4.exe
is not existing in two places.

Thanks,
Pragyan