Re: WinGRASS build up (WIP)

Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WinGRASS build up (WIP)

Helmut Kudrnovsky
Hi Jürgen,

just updated my OSGeo4W in normal mode (not tick Exp), QGIS, GRASS 7.8.0, I'm getting an error that gdal300.dll and proj6.2.x.dlll is missing.


regards
Helmut
 
 

Gesendet: Montag, 04. November 2019 um 18:39 Uhr
Von: "Jürgen E. Fischer" <[hidden email]>
An: "Martin Landa" <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email], "Helmut Kudrnovsky" <[hidden email]>
Betreff: Re: WinGRASS build up (WIP)
Hi Martin,

I added "experimental" packages to OSGeo4W (ie. only available if you tick Exp
in the OSGeo4W installer):

- PROJ 6.2.1
- GDAL 3.0.2
- liblwgeom 3.0.0
- OGDI 4.1.0
- Rebuilds of QGIS 3.10.0, QGIS 3.4.13 and spatialite 4.3.0a against the above
packages
- Backward compatibility packages gdal204dll and proj5dll that carry the original
DLLs from PROJ 5.2.0 and GDAL 2.4.1

The only missing bit is GRASS built against new GDAL and PROJ. Once that's is
available I can remove the "experimental" tag.


Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer norBIT GmbH Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Rheinstraße 13 Fax. +49-4931-918175-50
Software Engineer D-26506 Norden https://www.norbit.de
norBIT Gesellschaft fuer Unternehmensberatung und Informationssysteme mbH
Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
GF: Juergen Fischer, Nils Kutscher HR: Amtsgericht Aurich HRB 100827
Datenschutzerklaerung: https://www.norbit.de/83/[https://www.norbit.de/83/]
_______________________________________________
osgeo4w-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/osgeo4w-dev
best regards
Helmut
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WinGRASS build up (WIP)

Jürgen E. Fischer
Hi Helmut,

On Tue, 05. Nov 2019 at 18:30:18 +0100, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:
> >Any idea when GRASS will be updated with the new dependencies?
>
> see https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/136#issuecomment-547497328
 
> "Sure it is still GDAL2"
 
> is OSGeo4W still default in gdal2/proj5? is gdal3/proj6 still in OSGeo4W experimental/testing?

I went ahead an did all what is proposed there and now you can build GRASS with
GDAL3 and PROJ6 using the "experimental" packages.  Once that's done we can
flip the switch and take all the "experimental" packages live - they are only
waiting for GRASS.


> in #136, environment is pointing to gdal-dev proj-dev, which I assume is gdal3/proj6, right?

No, GDAL master (3.1 2b) and PROJ master (7.0 2b).   And #136 is for master
(ie. grass-daily)

#137 was for the release branch and was merged.

 
> GRASS is in a RC cycle for GRASS 7.8.1: RC1

With #118 merged - so it should already work with GDAL3 and PROJ6.


> a possible workflow may be (?):
 
> (1) update/adapt #136 to reflect a default gdal3/proj6 in OSGeo4W
> (2) apply updated PR to issue a GRASS 7.8.1 RC2
> (3) switch OSGeo4W to a default gdal3/proj6
> (4) binary release GRASS 7.8.1 RC2 in OSGeo4W

Or just build GRASS with the "test" packages, upload it and then we can remove
all the "experimental" tags.


Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. +49-4931-918175-50
Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode

norBIT Gesellschaft fuer Unternehmensberatung und Informationssysteme mbH
Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
GF: Juergen Fischer, Nils Kutscher HR: Amtsgericht Aurich HRB 100827
Datenschutzerklaerung: https://www.norbit.de/83/

_______________________________________________
osgeo4w-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/osgeo4w-dev

signature.asc (844 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WinGRASS build up (WIP)

Helmut Kudrnovsky
Hi Jürgen,

>Or just build GRASS with the "test" packages, upload it and then we can remove
>all the "experimental" tags.

just checked OSGeo4W, to be sure:

OSGeo4W normal mode

GDAL 2.4.1-1
PROJ 5.2.0-1
GEOS 3.8.0-1

OSGeo4W testing/experimental mode, update would be

GDAL 2.4.1-1 => GDAL 3.0.2-1
PROJ 5.2.0-1 => PROJ 6.2.1-1
GEOS 3.8.0-1

I could do a test compilation with OSGeo4W testing/experimental mode and issue a

grass-7.8.1RC1-2.tar.bz2

with test in setup.hint.

not sure how ready Martin's build environment is to switch also to build addons ?!

regards
Helmut
 
 

Gesendet: Dienstag, 05. November 2019 um 18:56 Uhr
Von: "Jürgen E. Fischer"

Betreff: Re: Re: WinGRASS build up (WIP)
Hi Helmut,

On Tue, 05. Nov 2019 at 18:30:18 +0100, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:
> >Any idea when GRASS will be updated with the new dependencies?
>
> see https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/136#issuecomment-547497328

> "Sure it is still GDAL2"

> is OSGeo4W still default in gdal2/proj5? is gdal3/proj6 still in OSGeo4W experimental/testing?

I went ahead an did all what is proposed there and now you can build GRASS with
GDAL3 and PROJ6 using the "experimental" packages. Once that's done we can
flip the switch and take all the "experimental" packages live - they are only
waiting for GRASS.


> in #136, environment is pointing to gdal-dev proj-dev, which I assume is gdal3/proj6, right?

No, GDAL master (3.1 2b) and PROJ master (7.0 2b). And #136 is for master
(ie. grass-daily)

#137 was for the release branch and was merged.


> GRASS is in a RC cycle for GRASS 7.8.1: RC1

With #118 merged - so it should already work with GDAL3 and PROJ6.


> a possible workflow may be (?):

> (1) update/adapt #136 to reflect a default gdal3/proj6 in OSGeo4W
> (2) apply updated PR to issue a GRASS 7.8.1 RC2
> (3) switch OSGeo4W to a default gdal3/proj6
> (4) binary release GRASS 7.8.1 RC2 in OSGeo4W

Or just build GRASS with the "test" packages, upload it and then we can remove
all the "experimental" tags.


Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer norBIT GmbH Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Rheinstraße 13 Fax. +49-4931-918175-50
Software Engineer D-26506 Norden https://www.norbit.de[https://www.norbit.de]
QGIS release manager (PSC) Germany IRC: jef on FreeNode
norBIT Gesellschaft fuer Unternehmensberatung und Informationssysteme mbH
Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
GF: Juergen Fischer, Nils Kutscher HR: Amtsgericht Aurich HRB 100827
Datenschutzerklaerung: https://www.norbit.de/83/[https://www.norbit.de/83/]
_______________________________________________
osgeo4w-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/osgeo4w-dev
best regards
Helmut
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WinGRASS build up (WIP)

Martin Landa
Hi,

út 5. 11. 2019 v 20:31 odesílatel Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]> napsal:
> I could do a test compilation with OSGeo4W testing/experimental mode and issue a
>
> grass-7.8.1RC1-2.tar.bz2
>
> with test in setup.hint.
>
> not sure how ready Martin's build environment is to switch also to build addons ?!

next daily builds (32/64bit) should be built against GDAL3/PROJ6.

We are close 7.8.RC2, BTW.

Ma

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa
http://gismentors.cz/mentors/landa
_______________________________________________
osgeo4w-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/osgeo4w-dev