Re: Why do some Geotiffs not display as Geoserver layers

Re: Why do some Geotiffs not display as Geoserver layers

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike)
Hi,

Yes, I checked the image also with QGIS and discovered that it was doing an automatic LUT stretch for viewing.
But for me the image that I downloaded from your link (PM25_monthly_19971000.tiff) is OK in the layer preview. No errors, it just looks totally black with bare eyes. I created the new layer into cite: workspace and with the default raster style. I don't know how I could test it further. Perhaps I would download a new 2.6 nightly version from http://geoserver.org/release/2.6.x and make one more test with just this one image and by keeping everything else in the default settings.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

VictoriaH wrote:

> [...]
> ava:206)
> at org.geoserver.filters.GZIPFilter.doFilter(GZIPFilter.java:42)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilte
> rChain.java:235)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.j
> ava:206)
> at
> org.geoserver.filters.SessionDebugFilter.doFilter(SessionDebugFilter.java:47)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilte
> rChain.java:235)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.j
> ava:206)
> at
> org.geoserver.filters.FlushSafeFilter.doFilter(FlushSafeFilter.java:43)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilte
> rChain.java:235)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.j
> ava:206)
> at
> org.vfny.geoserver.filters.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEnco
> dingFilter.java:109)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilte
> rChain.java:235)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.j
> ava:206)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve
> .java:233)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.j
> ava:191)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:12
> 7)
> at
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.jav
> a:109)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
> at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:857)
> at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(H
> ttp11Protocol.java:588)
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)

Re: Why do some Geotiffs not display as Geoserver layers

VictoriaH
OK, I have installed the latest build of Geoserver. I an now load individual geotiffs and create new stores from them that display correctly in layer preview. If I try and build a time series using the imagemosaick store type, I point to the directory where I have many geotiffs, and I get the error:

Could not list layers for this store, an error occurred retrieving them: Failed to create reader from file:///var/www/pm25_geoserver/public_html/inputFile/monthly and hints null

My geotiffs are in a directory: /var/www/pm25/public_html/inputTiffs...ownership is tomcat6 and group is www-data. I have placed 3 configuration files in the directory so that the application will create a postgres/postgis database...and I still get the error. What am I missing??

Thank you!!

Re: Why do some Geotiffs not display as Geoserver layers

sbrooke
Hi Victoria,

Did you previously create an ImageMosaic time series store from the directory "file:///var/www/pm25_geoserver/public_html/inputFile/monthly" ?  If so and you are trying to re-create the ImageMosaic store at the same location make sure that the files that GeoServer puts in that directory after creation are removed, otherwise the new ImageMosaic will fail to be created.  For example, the ImageMosaic store creation process appears to create a few files in that directory, a properties file with the name "monthly.properties" and a file called "sample_image".  If this is the case then removing those generated files should allow the ImageMosaic store to be created again.

--Steve

OK, I have installed the latest build of Geoserver. I an now load individual geotiffs and create new stores from them that display correctly in layer preview. If I try and build a time series using the imagemosaick store type, I point to the directory where I have many geotiffs, and I get the error:

Could not list layers for this store, an error occurred retrieving them:
Failed to create reader from
file:///var/www/pm25_geoserver/public_html/inputFile/monthly and hints null

My geotiffs are in a directory:
/var/www/pm25/public_html/inputTiffs...ownership is tomcat6 and group is www-data. I have placed 3 configuration files in the directory so that the application will create a postgres/postgis database...and I still get the error. What am I missing??

Thank you!!

Meet PCI DSS 3.0 Compliance Requirements with EventLog Analyzer Achieve PCI DSS 3.0 Compliant Status with Out-of-the-box PCI DSS Reports Are you Audit-Ready for PCI DSS 3.0 Compliance? Download White paper Comply to PCI DSS 3.0 Requirement 10 and 11.5 with EventLog Analyzer http://p.sf.net/sfu/Zoho _______________________________________________
Geoserver-users mailing list

Re: Why do some Geotiffs not display as Geoserver layers

VictoriaH
Thanks Steve,

I could not find the files you mention in that particular directory... I can use the Geotiff store type with no problem on an individual file in that directory, but when I use the imagemosaick store type on the same directory, I get the error.

Not sure what to try next....