Re: Upcoming Cloud Optimized Geotiff (COG) related enhancements

Re: Upcoming Cloud Optimized Geotiff (COG) related enhancements

Even Rouault-2
Hi,

the last bits (points 1, 2 and 3) are now available in GDAL master.

Doc at https://gdal.org/drivers/raster/cog.html

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Upcoming Cloud Optimized Geotiff (COG) related enhancements

Vincent Sarago
Thanks Even,

Just a quick note. By reading the docs it seems the overviews will be created by default except if OVERVIEWS=FORCE_USE_EXISTING is set and if the input file doesn’t have overviews. The specs make overviews optional thus the OVERVIEWS option usage seems a bit odd.

TBH, I’m 100% with creating overviews by default and I think they should not be optional, but users that don’t want overviews might found the usage a bit complicated.

Vincent