Re: The future of the F5 shortcut...

Matthias Kuhn 🌍

Hi Borys,

Good decision to let the preference to builtin functions for all the users out there. Devs will soon enough get used to Ctrl+F5.

If you feel like doing something fancy, open up a MessageBox at the first launch of the plugin and inform devs about the shortcut and maybe even offer a button to quickly toggle for your friends and you ;) Or if you don't like message boxes, put the same onto the config page, everybody goes there once in a while ;)

Regards

Matthias

On 07/10/2018 01:53 PM, Borys Jurgiel wrote:
Hi All,

There is a conflict between the "Refresh" action and Plugin Reloader - both
wants to use the F5 shortcut.

I'm going to set the Plugin Reloader to use Ctrl-F5 and leave F5 for
"Refresh", as it's a built-in function, known for years and designed for
everyone, not just plugin devs. However... Maybe there is a common agreement
that the plugin reloading is more important? ;) I don't know anybody
refreshing the view frequently, while reloading plugins is a key action for
all plugin devs. Actually I'll immediately swap those shortcuts in all my
installations, and probably many plugin devs will do the same.

Anyway, I suppose F5 should stay for map reloading (unfortunately), but if
anybody thinks otherwise, please let me know.

Regards,

Borys

Matthias Kuhn
[hidden email]

Re: The future of the F5 shortcut...

Borys Jurgiel-4
Dnia środa, 11 lipca 2018 01:44:48 CEST Matthias Kuhn pisze:

> If you feel like doing something fancy, open up a MessageBox at the
> first launch of the plugin and inform devs about the shortcut and maybe
> even offer a button to quickly toggle for your friends and you ;) Or if
> you don't like message boxes, put the same onto the config page,
> everybody goes there once in a while ;)

Everyone wins! Great idea, thanks!

B.

Re: The future of the F5 shortcut...

kimaidou
There is another issue relative to F5 button. In database manager, it is supposed to run the Query, but I have never seen it work, neither on Ubuntu or Windows. Has anyone been confonted to the same issue ?

Michaël

Dnia środa, 11 lipca 2018 01:44:48 CEST Matthias Kuhn pisze:

> If you feel like doing something fancy, open up a MessageBox at the
> first launch of the plugin and inform devs about the shortcut and maybe
> even offer a button to quickly toggle for your friends and you ;) Or if
> you don't like message boxes, put the same onto the config page,
> everybody goes there once in a while ;)

Everyone wins! Great idea, thanks!

B.

Re: The future of the F5 shortcut...

Etienne Trimaille
It has been fixed in 3.0 if I'm correct Michaël