Re: Testing the new GRASS GIS website: please help

Re: Testing the new GRASS GIS website: please help

Rich Shepard
On Wed, 1 Jul 2020, Markus Neteler wrote:

> As some of you might know, we have been working on the development and
> setup of a new and shiny GRASS GIS website (finally!) for a long time. It
> is now available for testing at: https://staging.grass.osgeo.org/

Markus and the new website team,

I'm developing a psmap script so I opened the new site. My first suggestion
is to change the top menu 'Learn' to 'Documents'. When I looked for the
manuals 'Learn' was not the obvious place.

There's a 'First time user' menu item under 'Learn' and that could be
renamed 'Learn' under 'Documents.'

FWIW.

Stay well, all,

Rich

Re: Testing the new GRASS GIS website: please help

Dietrich Heintz
Hi Markus
you developed a nice web-site, congratulations.
I can see, that you categorize the users, and that might be an asset.
Perhaps there are really classes like newbies, regular users and power users
and they need different information channels.
It took me some time to make use at least of some tools.
Those I use regulary and with the time I become more and more familiar with it.

Grass is really a great project!

ciao Dieter

On 01.07.2020 20:28, Markus Neteler wrote:
Dear all,

As some of you might know, we have been working on the development and
setup of a new and shiny GRASS GIS website (finally!) for a long time.
It is now available for testing at: https://staging.grass.osgeo.org/

We will start the release procedure described in
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-website/issues/180 in the next days.
Our goal is to officially announce the new website on the "birthday"
of GRASS GIS on July, 29th. By then all should be bright and nice, so
we need your feedback: please help with testing, checking links and
with solving of remaining issues:
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-website/projects/1

Thanks so much for the final efforts!

Best,
Markus and the new website team ([1])

[1] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-website/graphs/contributors

_________________
Kronenbergstr. 7
CH-8800 Thalwil

+41 76 749 22 77
+41 43 540 90 71

my web-site

Re: Testing the new GRASS GIS website: please help

Rich Shepard
On Wed, 1 Jul 2020, Markus Neteler wrote:

> As some of you might know, we have been working on the development and
> setup of a new and shiny GRASS GIS website (finally!) for a long time. It
> is now available for testing at: https://staging.grass.osgeo.org/

Markus, et al.:

For the record, I prefer the current site's use of a single tab as I
navigate from one page to another. The back button works reliably and keeps
the top of the browser from becoming crowded with multiple tiny tabs. My
preference is to not have a long string of tabs for a single application as
I navigate among pages.

I may well be in the minority on this and will, of course, accept whatever
is decided yet still want my preference recorded for posterity.

Best regards,

Rich