Re: [SeasonOfDocs] Season Of Docs - QGIS

Re: [SeasonOfDocs] Season Of Docs - QGIS

Cameron Shorter
Looping in OSGeoLive email list, to keep the team informed (I don't think Andrew is subscribed yet).

On Sun, 23 Jun 2019 at 13:55, Andrew Jeffrey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

This is a call out to those interested in contributing to the QGIS docs over the Season of docs period.

I'm trying to get an idea of who is keen to be involved in tackling some writing tasks, now that we have identified the following in the previous two weekly meetings:
  1. OSGeoLive DVD Quickstart needs a refresh for QGIS 3.4 LTR.
  2. QGIS Step by step documentation guide can be updated with some screenshots and more detail in steps - https://docs.qgis.org/3.4/en/docs/documentation_guidelines/first_contribution.html
  3. And finally, we have Jared reviewing a sample of the chapters in the training manual. Which he will have suggestions for us to action.
We have available to us some great mentors in Matteao, and Alexandre who are directly involved in QGIS documentation management, and delivery. Plus the expertise of people in the doc writing space.

Ideally, if we can come up with a working group like the GeoNetwork team has done, we can split some writing tasks among ourselves and make good use of the resources that we have available to us.

Please reply to this thread if you are interested in helping with one of the above tasks.

Thanks

Andrew

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier