Re: RADARSAT Constellation Mission (RCM) driver

Re: RADARSAT Constellation Mission (RCM) driver

Deschamps, Benjamin (AAFC/AAC)
Hi Shawn,

As you probably know, there is one significant difference with regards to ScanSAR SLC products which are delivered in individual bursts on RCM. There are a few other more minor differences (calibration LUT file for each polarization, availability of 32-bit products, etc.).

CSA has a partial dataset of simulated data available here, along with the product format definition:
ftp://ftp.asc-csa.gc.ca/users/OpenData_DonneesOuvertes/pub/RCM.Donnees.Simulees/

I wouldn't be the person to write the driver, but would certainly be interested in testing it against our current RCM processing scripts. A GDAL driver could replace a portion of our processing chain down the line, assuming it is able to calibrate all modes, polarization options and product types.

Benjamin Deschamps
Canadian Ice Service, Meteorological Service of Canada
Environment and Climate Change Canada / Government of Canada