Re: [Qgis-community-team] QGIS Documentation strategic meeting

Re: [Qgis-community-team] QGIS Documentation strategic meeting

Alexandre Neto
Hi Cameron,

Paolo have tried an early in the morning schedule before with very low success. Since most work as volunteers, they need to meet outside theirs daily work time.

Alex

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 10:57 AM Cameron Shorter <[hidden email]> wrote:

Seems your work day aligns with my sleep time. I don't suppose you could add another meeting slot an hour earlier in morning (Europe time)?

On 2/12/19 9:47 pm, Alexandre Neto wrote:
Hi all,

The idea is that, between the PSC and the documentation collaborators (and anyone else interested), we can come up with a strategy for documentation that will allow us, as a project, to deliver good-quality, useful and updated documentation for QGIS. Here's a Doodle survey to find the best time for a meeting.

Since we have a big mix of availability, can you please add your preferable time tables (one click), but also less convenient but possible hours (two clicks).

I excluded today and tomorrow to allow people to cast their votes, but we should try to close the voting tomorrow evening.

Thanks,

Alexandre Neto

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Fwd: [Qgis-community-team] QGIS Documentation strategic meeting - Essay on suggested path forward

Alexandre Neto
As requested by the author

Re: Fwd: [Qgis-community-team] QGIS Documentation strategic meeting - Essay on suggested path forward

Nyall Dawson

> Who is responsible for the QGIS blog? Would it be worthwhile creating a QGIS blog post out of the Summary of this essay?

I don't think that's appropriate, any more so then posting the meeting
minutes from the upcoming documentation online discussion as a blog
post would be. It's a working document for internal project discussion
only, and I'd expect that only the outcomes of the discussion would be
widely publicised.

Nyall

> On 7/12/19 1:38 am, Alexandre Neto wrote:
>
> Hello all,
> It seems that the most voted days are Friday 13 from 6pn to 8pm (CET).
> Can we go with that? Would be great if others could join.
> Thanks,
> Alexandre Neto
>

>>> On 2/12/19 9:47 pm, Alexandre Neto wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Following the discussion on:
>>>
>>> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-psc/2019-November/007901.html
>>>
>>> The idea is that, between the PSC and the documentation collaborators (and anyone else interested), we can come up with a strategy for documentation that will allow us, as a project, to deliver good-quality, useful and updated documentation for QGIS. Here's a Doodle survey to find the best time for a meeting.
>>>
>>> https://doodle.com/poll/rq4bhbx4kzr9sibk
>>>
>>> Since we have a big mix of availability, can you please add your preferable time tables (one click), but also less convenient but possible hours (two clicks).
>>>
>>> I excluded today and tomorrow to allow people to cast their votes, but we should try to close the voting tomorrow evening.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Alexandre Neto
>>> ________________________________
>
> --
> Cameron Shorter
> Technology Demystifier
>
> M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: Fwd: [Qgis-community-team] QGIS Documentation strategic meeting - Essay on suggested path forward

pcav

Il 09/12/19 10:18, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:

>> Who is responsible for the QGIS blog? Would it be worthwhile creating a QGIS blog post out of the Summary of this essay?
>
> I don't think that's appropriate, any more so then posting the meeting
> minutes from the upcoming documentation online discussion as a blog
> post would be. It's a working document for internal project discussion
> only, and I'd expect that only the outcomes of the discussion would be
> widely publicised.
fully agreed
cheers
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair:

Re: Fwd: [Qgis-community-team] QGIS Documentation strategic meeting - Essay on suggested path forward

Alexandre Neto
I also agree with Nyall. This is an excellent summary, as an "internal" document to support future decisions.

Thanks,

Alex

A segunda, 9/12/2019, 13:00, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> escreveu:

Il 09/12/19 10:18, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:

>> Who is responsible for the QGIS blog? Would it be worthwhile creating a QGIS blog post out of the Summary of this essay?
>
> I don't think that's appropriate, any more so then posting the meeting
> minutes from the upcoming documentation online discussion as a blog
> post would be. It's a working document for internal project discussion
> only, and I'd expect that only the outcomes of the discussion would be
> widely publicised.
fully agreed
cheers
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair:

Re: [Qgis-community-team] QGIS Documentation strategic meeting

ghtmtt

I'll do my best to join the call but I'll be traveling, not sure about
my connection. Let me know what app should I install on my phone.

Cheers and thanks

Matteo

Re: [Qgis-community-team] QGIS Documentation strategic meeting

ghtmtt
Hi guys,

I won't make it tonight. I'm still at the train station catching a train to go home.

Really sorry to miss the call, if someone can make some minutes so I can comment them later or tomorrow would be great.

Cheers and thanks

Matteo

Il Ven 13 Dic 2019, 09:53 Alexandre Neto <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hi all,

This is my suggestion:

https://meet.jit.si/qgis-docs

There's no login or  software needed. It will run on the browser. PEople on smartphones will need to install the App, which I believe is also free.

See you all later,

Alexandre Neto

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 7:14 AM matteo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I'll do my best to join the call but I'll be traveling, not sure about
my connection. Let me know what app should I install on my phone.

Cheers and thanks

Matteo

Re: [Qgis-community-team] QGIS Documentation strategic meeting

Marco Bernasocchi-2

Yep, I was there and Paolo also partially.

We have for sure some good discussion stuff :)

Cheers

Marco

On 13.12.19 20:58, Andreas Neumann wrote:

Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot. I hope that someone from PSC was there and that you had some good conclusions.

Andreas

Am 13.12.19 um 20:38 schrieb Alexandre Neto:
Hi Andreas,

I think I was able to record the meeting. I will post a link to the video later.

I will also make a small resume of what we have talked.

Alexandre Neto

A sexta, 13/12/2019, 19:17, Harrissou <[hidden email]> escreveu:
Hi Andreas
it was from 6 to 8. But finished earlier.

Le 13 décembre 2019 20:06:06 GMT+01:00, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi,

Are you guys meeting at
https://meet.jit.si/qgis-docs ? I am there, but seems like no-one else.

Andreas

Am 13.12.19 um 17:45 schrieb Matteo Ghetta:
[...]

QGIS.org Co-chair
http://berna.io

Re: [Qgis-community-team] QGIS Documentation strategic meeting

pcav
Why partially?

On 13 December 2019 21:00:33 CET, Marco Bernasocchi <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Please excuse my brevity.