Re: [Qgis-community-team] Fwd: [Live-demo] please create a new project flyer for your project with the new branding till FOSS4G Boston

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Fwd: [Live-demo] please create a new project flyer for your project with the new branding till FOSS4G Boston

Tim Sutton-5
Hi Werner

Yes the sources are all in scribus docs in the QGIS Promo repo: https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Promotion

But maybe better to coordinate with Anita if you plan to work on it.

By the way I just spent a few hours filling out the content forms for QGIS for the new OSGEO web site last night - including providing a link to the old brochure - we should be sure to update that when Anita has done her updates so that when the new OSGEO site launches we have fresh content.

Regards

Tim

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 9:02 PM, Werner Macho <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Richard,

Are the sources available?

regards
Werner

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 5:26 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Community,

see Message from Astrid below, our flyer to be used in Boston is pretty old:

https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/export/12711/marketing/flyer/project_brochure_pdfs/OSGeo_Brochures_QGIS.pdf

Any takers to update it using both new QGIS log AND new OSGeo logo?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [Live-demo] please create a new project flyer for your project
with the new branding till FOSS4G Boston
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 00:25:44 +0200
From: Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]>
To: Projects <[hidden email]>
CC: Marketing <[hidden email]>, Live Demo
<[hidden email]>

Hello OSGeo projects,

it is not a long time till FOSS4G Boston where we will have an OSGeo
booth with the new OSGeo logo and new flyers for the projects.

This is why we need your help! Please create a new project flyer for
your OSGeo project with the new branding. We try to arrange it that the
flyer will be handed out at OSGeo booth in Boston from August 14-19,
2017 (http://2017.foss4g.org/)


The current flyer are out of date. You find them here as a template.
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/marketing/flyer/project_brochure_pdfs
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/marketing/flyer/

You also could take information from OSGeo-Live to setup your new flyer.
https://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/overview.html

You find the new branding material at:
https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/tree/master/marketing

Have a look at the GeoforAll flyer or OSGeo-Live flyer. You can see how
a flyer could look like
https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/blob/master/marketing/print/geoforall_a4.pdf
https://github.com/lucadelu/osgeo/blob/osgeolive/marketing/print/osgeolive_names_a4.svg

The best way is to fork the repository on GutHub and make a pull request
with your new flyer at the end.

These are the steps for you:

1. How to set up the fonts (on linux create the folder
$HOME/.local/share/fonts and copy the 4 .ttf there)
* Download  from
https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/tree/master/marketing/branding/fonts


2. Take the svg template and modify it with the content of your project
https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/blob/master/marketing/print/osgeo_a4.svg
You can modify the svg either with a texteditor or f.e. inkscape.

3. In the end you can create a pull request to the osgeo repository

We try to organize it so the flyer will be printed and present at the
OSGeo booth

Thanks for your help.

If you have questions. Please ask on the list or contact me or Luca
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Lucadelu

PS: Luca finished the OSGeo-Live flyer and wants to work on the
Zoo-Project and MapServer flyer too.

Astrid

--
Astrid Emde
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Astrid_Emde
_______________________________________________
Live-demo mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/live-demo
http://live.osgeo.org
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc
_______________________________________________
Qgis-community-team mailing list for organizing community resources such as documentation, translation etc..
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-community-team


_______________________________________________
Qgis-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-psc



--



Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Chair

_______________________________________________
Qgis-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-psc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Fwd: [Live-demo] please create a new project flyer for your project with the new branding till FOSS4G Boston

Anita Graser
Hi,

If you have followed the OSGeo projects mailing list, you probably know that it took a while to get a working template for the project brochures ready.

Here's my first shot at a QGIS brochure:



The text is largely taken from our website and some I just made up on the spot ;-)

Please check it. We should submit it soon to have some prints at FOSS4G.

Feel free to grab the Scribus project and improve on it!

Regards,
Anita



_______________________________________________
Qgis-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-psc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Fwd: [Live-demo] please create a new project flyer for your project with the new branding till FOSS4G Boston

Richard Duivenvoorde
# resending from the right email address...

Hi Anita,

Looks very professional!

I did not follow the template discussion, but there we are not supposed
to show off a nice map and/or screenie of QGIS itself?

Should we remove the "and Android" from QGIS runs on Linux, Unix, Mac
OSX, Windows and Android? As for what I know there is not much work
being done anymore on the actual QGIS on Android.
There is off course QField, but that is not a community project (? I
think ?) and I'm also ok to name it, but then we should name it QField
(and not QGIS on Android)?

There is no notion of the 'verein'.. not sure if it is needed, but...

Thanks for this work

Regards,

Richard


On 10-08-17 00:04, Anita Graser wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you have followed the OSGeo projects mailing list, you probably know
> that it took a while to get a working template for the project brochures
> ready.
>
> Here's my first shot at a QGIS brochure:
>
> Scribus
> project: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwc-5JFVTnfIVkxBU3ZyR0pVZ00/view?usp=sharing
>
> PDF:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwc-5JFVTnfIS1N1SGtvenF6NEU/view?usp=sharing
>
> The text is largely taken from our website and some I just made up on
> the spot ;-)
>
> Please check it. We should submit it soon to have some prints at FOSS4G.
>
> Feel free to grab the Scribus project and improve on it!
>
> Regards,
> Anita
>
>

_______________________________________________
Qgis-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-psc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Fwd: [Live-demo] please create a new project flyer for your project with the new branding till FOSS4G Boston

Anita Graser
Thanks everyone for checking!

I've fixed the typos and added a screenshot + photo from Nodebo


I'll be away from computer for a few days starting tomorrow, so if I don't hear any opposition, I'll submit this one to be printed for FOSS4G.

Regards
Anita



On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 12:40 PM, Raymond Nijssen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Anita,

Great work indeed! So much better than the old existing "Quantum GIS" one.

I also missed a screenshot.

And I found 2 typos:

"atabase"
and
"are found are found"

Cheers,
Raymond




On 10-08-17 08:32, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
# resending from the right email address...

Hi Anita,

Looks very professional!

I did not follow the template discussion, but there we are not supposed
to show off a nice map and/or screenie of QGIS itself?

Should we remove the "and Android" from QGIS runs on Linux, Unix, Mac
OSX, Windows and Android? As for what I know there is not much work
being done anymore on the actual QGIS on Android.
There is off course QField, but that is not a community project (? I
think ?) and I'm also ok to name it, but then we should name it QField
(and not QGIS on Android)?

There is no notion of the 'verein'.. not sure if it is needed, but...

Thanks for this work

Regards,

Richard


On 10-08-17 00:04, Anita Graser wrote:
Hi,

If you have followed the OSGeo projects mailing list, you probably know
that it took a while to get a working template for the project brochures
ready.

Here's my first shot at a QGIS brochure:

Scribus
project: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwc-5JFVTnfIVkxBU3ZyR0pVZ00/view?usp=sharing

PDF:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwc-5JFVTnfIS1N1SGtvenF6NEU/view?usp=sharing

The text is largely taken from our website and some I just made up on
the spot ;-)

Please check it. We should submit it soon to have some prints at FOSS4G.

Feel free to grab the Scribus project and improve on it!

Regards,
Anita



_______________________________________________
Qgis-community-team mailing list for organizing community resources such as documentation, translation etc..
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-community-team


--
Terglobo
Fahrenheitstraat 1
5223 BJ 's-Hertogenbosch
06 25 31 49 83
_______________________________________________
Qgis-community-team mailing list for organizing community resources such as documentation, translation etc..
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-community-team


_______________________________________________
Qgis-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-psc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Fwd: [Live-demo] please create a new project flyer for your project with the new branding till FOSS4G Boston

Andreas Neumann-3
Hi Anita,

Thanks - looks professional!

Sorry for being late - but here are my 2 cents: red=removal, blue=addition, green=rewrite, gray=comment

Discover QGIS
  • QGIS is a professional GIS application and developer platform which compares ...
  • Do we really need this part? .... which compares favorably with free and commercial products.
  • ..., Windows and Android (QField) and ...

QGIS Community

  • ... government, education, planning, engineering, NGOs, military and research.
  • ... provide a platform for common interestes ...
  • Developer meetings are a great opportunity to meet community members in person and share knowledge.
Key Features
  • QGIS provides a continuously growing ....
  • You can visualize, manage, edit, analyse data, and design print maps. (Could also be screen maps, esp. with v3, where one can use pixels as units)
  • Interoperability: support for numerous file formats and databases as well as web services (open standards and additional common formats)
  • from custom data input forms to personalized user interfaces and workflows.
International
  • I find it problematic to list only a few countries. Important pioneering countries are missing in this list, like Italy, Switzerland, UK and probably more. Maybe just write that user groups can be found on all continents (even on Antarctica ;-) )

Thanks a lot for your work!

Andreas


On 10 August 2017 at 14:59, Anita Graser <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks everyone for checking!

I've fixed the typos and added a screenshot + photo from Nodebo


I'll be away from computer for a few days starting tomorrow, so if I don't hear any opposition, I'll submit this one to be printed for FOSS4G.

Regards
Anita



On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 12:40 PM, Raymond Nijssen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Anita,

Great work indeed! So much better than the old existing "Quantum GIS" one.

I also missed a screenshot.

And I found 2 typos:

"atabase"
and
"are found are found"

Cheers,
Raymond




On 10-08-17 08:32, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
# resending from the right email address...

Hi Anita,

Looks very professional!

I did not follow the template discussion, but there we are not supposed
to show off a nice map and/or screenie of QGIS itself?

Should we remove the "and Android" from QGIS runs on Linux, Unix, Mac
OSX, Windows and Android? As for what I know there is not much work
being done anymore on the actual QGIS on Android.
There is off course QField, but that is not a community project (? I
think ?) and I'm also ok to name it, but then we should name it QField
(and not QGIS on Android)?

There is no notion of the 'verein'.. not sure if it is needed, but...

Thanks for this work

Regards,

Richard


On 10-08-17 00:04, Anita Graser wrote:
Hi,

If you have followed the OSGeo projects mailing list, you probably know
that it took a while to get a working template for the project brochures
ready.

Here's my first shot at a QGIS brochure:

Scribus
project: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwc-5JFVTnfIVkxBU3ZyR0pVZ00/view?usp=sharing

PDF:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwc-5JFVTnfIS1N1SGtvenF6NEU/view?usp=sharing

The text is largely taken from our website and some I just made up on
the spot ;-)

Please check it. We should submit it soon to have some prints at FOSS4G.

Feel free to grab the Scribus project and improve on it!

Regards,
Anita



_______________________________________________
Qgis-community-team mailing list for organizing community resources such as documentation, translation etc..
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-community-team


--
Terglobo
Fahrenheitstraat 1
5223 BJ 's-Hertogenbosch
06 25 31 49 83
_______________________________________________
Qgis-community-team mailing list for organizing community resources such as documentation, translation etc..
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-community-team


_______________________________________________
Qgis-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-psc



--

--
Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)

_______________________________________________
Qgis-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-psc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Fwd: [Live-demo] please create a new project flyer for your project with the new branding till FOSS4G Boston

Anita Graser
In reply to this post by Anita Graser


On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 4:42 PM, Neumann, Andreas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Anita,
Thanks - looks professional!
Sorry for being late - but here are my 2 cents: red=removal, blue=addition, green=rewrite, gray=comment

​Thanks Andreas, I've incorporated your suggestions.

Anita​


_______________________________________________
Qgis-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-psc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Qgis-community-team] Fwd: [Live-demo] please create a new project flyer for your project with the new branding till FOSS4G Boston

Tim Sutton-5
Hi Anita and PSC

That looks really great. In the background I have also been prepping the QGIS page for the new OSGEO web site - I will lift a bunch of your text to add to it too.

Regards

Tim

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 5:10 PM, Anita Graser <[hidden email]> wrote:


On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 4:42 PM, Neumann, Andreas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Anita,
Thanks - looks professional!
Sorry for being late - but here are my 2 cents: red=removal, blue=addition, green=rewrite, gray=comment

​Thanks Andreas, I've incorporated your suggestions.

Anita​


_______________________________________________
Qgis-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-psc



--



Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Chair

_______________________________________________
Qgis-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-psc
Loading...