Re: [QGIS-uk-user] Polling thoughts on running postponed South West QGIS user group

Re: [QGIS-uk-user] Polling thoughts on running postponed South West QGIS user group

Nick Bearman-2

Hi Paul,

Happy to be involved again, thanks for pulling this together. Hybrid with in person speakers sounds good.

With dates, if you go for anything in August (and possibly July), you risk clashing with people's holidays and I think quite a lot of people may be taking holiday then, if it's been postponed from earlier in the year. Possibly September is best, but avoid clashing with FOSS4GUK?

Best wishes,
Nick.

On 11/03/2021 14:39, Matt Travis wrote:
Hi Paul

I think the hybrid model is a good idea. Later summer probably best option. There's potentially going to be another online FOSS4GUK in September so be good to avoid clashing with that.

Doesn't look like you've posted on the QGIS-UK Google group yet. I think more people would see this there, also had a few new members recently.

Thanks

Matt

On Wed, 10 Mar 2021, 21:10 Paul Wittle, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi again,

I've spoken with my managers and we have decided to test the water for running the postponed QGIS south west user group this year

I have agreed to plan the event to be a part in person / part online event with the relevant social distancing. The recent government announcements mean that restrictions may be less stringent by the time we run it but I'm going to plan it assuming for a decent level of social distancing and Covid secure measures. To give a practical example I’m assuming in person delegates would need to bring their own lunch but we will try to find a Covid safe way to provide refreshments.

Please can you message me to let me know if you are still interested in being involved and/or speaking?

My working assumption is that delegates will be encouraged to join online if not from Dorset or surrounding counties but that all speakers would be asked to attend in person where possible. I'm also thinking that the event would be either in the summer or just at the end of it so suggestions of dates would also be welcomed?

Of course the event will not work if people don't want to be involved so I guess this message is pretty important. Please feel free to share it around and let me know if you are still interested in being involved!

Cheers,

Paul Wittle

Business Solutions Analyst (GIS)

ICT Operations

Dorset Council

dorsetcouncil.gov.uk

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. It may contain unclassified but sensitive or protectively marked material and should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately. All traffic may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be the views of Dorset Council. Dorset Council does not accept service of documents by fax or other electronic means. Virus checking: Whilst all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that this electronic communication and its attachments whether encoded, encrypted or otherwise supplied are free from computer viruses, Dorset Council accepts no liability in respect of any loss, cost, damage or expense suffered as a result of accessing this message or any of its attachments. For information on how Dorset Council processes your information, please see www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/416433
Nick Bearman
07717745715
[hidden email]

Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me outside of normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure to respond outside of your own working pattern.

Re: [QGIS-uk-user] Polling thoughts on running postponed South West QGIS user group

kusala nine
I've never attended this group but I know a few who might in the taunton area from the Hydro, I'd love to (I'm around Frome) so will watch eagerly......

Jonathan (IIC Technologies, IHO etc...)

On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 at 07:29, Nick Bearman <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I've spoken with my managers and we have decided to test the water for running the postponed QGIS south west user group this year :slightly_smiling_face: