Re: [Projects] Status report for April - System Contract I 2020

Re: [Projects] Status report for April - System Contract I 2020

jody.garnett

1) Rebuilding Wiki.  I built a new debian 10 container with latest
Wikimedia, PHP, apache installed  -- but still exploring the db and stuff to
create a script to chuck bad user accounts.
I also need to retest the data restore script I have setup and revisit some
plugins that did not come thru (no upgrade path for them).

https://wiki.new.osgeo.org  (this is running on OSGeo3)

I'm hoping to do the final migration sometime late May.

Once this is done we can setup a dev of this new version to do the LDAP
integration.  This we can contract out -- we have two proposals from outside
contractors for LDAP work.

I just wanted to be encouraging on this! Really glad to see it going ahead.

2) Server Monitoring
 ..
Grafana is running on OSGeo3 monitor container -> https://monitor.osgeo.org
(all OSGeo LDAP users can log in to see the metrics).
I whitelisted it on OSGeo7 and OSGeo4 so it can query the Prometheus servers
for monitor stats.

Thanks, I eventually managed to start a dashboard so I could find osgeo3 again quickly.

3) https://repo.osgeo.org -- Jody Garnett spear-headed this effort.  The
Repo service is running Nexus repository management.
Feel free to login and check it out and if you want to use it in some way
for your projects -- Please put in a trac ticket -
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/
Nexus supports the following kinds of repos - Maven, Docker Registry, Apt,
Yum, Nuget, R CPAN, RubyGems, npm (and some other stuff I've never heard of)

At the moment the following projects are using it (GeoTools, GeoServer,
GeoNetwork -- for their maven repo), (PostGIS / GEOS to manage docker
containers we use for drone bot regression testing).

GeoNetwork just voted to use it, going to try and connect it up this week.
GeoServer also plans to use docker for help facilitate automated cite testing.

4) https://matrix.osgeo.org -- container running Matrix (synapse server
https://matrix.org/docs/guides/installing-synapse )  bridges with our
existing IRC channels and can be used for private chat rooms like GSoc ones
for example Requires an OSGeo LDAP account to use.  Talk to Sandro Santilli if you have
questions about how to use it.

I highly recommend this, the killer feature is the ability to see prior chat history.

Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] [Projects] Status report for April - System Contract I 2020

Sandro Santilli-4
On Mon, May 04, 2020 at 09:56:21PM -0700, Jody Garnett wrote:

> > Grafana is running on OSGeo3 monitor container -> https://monitor.osgeo.org
>
> Thanks, I eventually managed to start a dashboard so I could find osgeo3
> again quickly.

Can you check if Dashboards can be shared with other users ?
Because I keep having NO dashboards in the "home" page for dashboards
and only see some of them in the "manage" page, were every dashboard
seems to be attached to exactly one of the hosts. I guess it must be
possible to have a single dashboard showing "health" of all OSGeo
services instead ?

--strk;