Re: [Proj] PROJ 4.9.0RC1

Howard Butler-3
Frank,

I would like to motion to promote RC1 as the 4.9.0 release. Any subsequent fixes or changes can go in a new minor release. This is an official motion to the MetaCRS PSC to adopt this RC as a final release.

  http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.0RC1.tar.gz
  http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.0RC1.zip

Howard

On Sep 13, 2014, at 6:33 PM, Frank Warmerdam <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have discovered that PROJ.4 was left with a hanging beta
> again some time ago without my following up on the release.
> Grr, I'm lame!  Anyways, Howard Butler and I have made a
> pass through open bugs and fixed some.  Howard has also
> introduced CMake support for PROJ.4 (though the automake
> way is also still supported).
>
> Source is at:
>
>   http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.0RC1.tar.gz
>   http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.0RC1.zip
>
> I would appreciate feedback before finalizing the release in the coming week.
>
> Best regards,
> Frank

Re: [Proj] PROJ 4.9.0RC1

Charles Karney
I vote no...

(1) http://download.osgeo.org/proj lists an RC2

(2) Even Rouault has supplied two patches so proj can
build cleanly on a Linux machine.  These need to be reviewed
and folded into an RC3.

   --Charles

On 10/07/2014 05:22 PM, Howard Butler wrote:

> Frank,
>
> I would like to motion to promote RC1 as the 4.9.0 release. Any subsequent fixes or changes can go in a new minor release. This is an official motion to the MetaCRS PSC to adopt this RC as a final release.
>
>    http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.0RC1.tar.gz
>    http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.0RC1.zip
>
> Howard
>

> On Sep 13, 2014, at 6:33 PM, Frank Warmerdam <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> I have discovered that PROJ.4 was left with a hanging beta
>> again some time ago without my following up on the release.
>> Grr, I'm lame!  Anyways, Howard Butler and I have made a
>> pass through open bugs and fixed some.  Howard has also
>> introduced CMake support for PROJ.4 (though the automake
>> way is also still supported).
>>
>> Source is at:
>>
>>    http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.0RC1.tar.gz
>>    http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.0RC1.zip
>>
>> I would appreciate feedback before finalizing the release in the coming week.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Frank

Re: [Proj] PROJ 4.9.0RC1

Charles Karney
It would be good to see proj-4.9.0 progressing towards a release.
However it appears to be in a stalled state.  Who is waiting for whom?

   --Charles

On 2014-10-07 19:57, Charles Karney wrote:

> I vote no...
>
> (1) http://download.osgeo.org/proj lists an RC2
>
> (2) Even Rouault has supplied two patches so proj can
> build cleanly on a Linux machine.  These need to be reviewed
> and folded into an RC3.
>
>    --Charles
>
> On 10/07/2014 05:22 PM, Howard Butler wrote:
>> Frank,
>>
>> I would like to motion to promote RC1 as the 4.9.0 release. Any
>> subsequent fixes or changes can go in a new minor release. This is an
>> official motion to the MetaCRS PSC to adopt this RC as a final release.
>>
>>    http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.0RC1.tar.gz
>>    http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.0RC1.zip
>>
>> Howard
>>

>> On Sep 13, 2014, at 6:33 PM, Frank Warmerdam <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> I have discovered that PROJ.4 was left with a hanging beta
>>> again some time ago without my following up on the release.
>>> Grr, I'm lame!  Anyways, Howard Butler and I have made a
>>> pass through open bugs and fixed some.  Howard has also
>>> introduced CMake support for PROJ.4 (though the automake
>>> way is also still supported).
>>>
>>> Source is at:
>>>
>>>    http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.0RC1.tar.gz
>>>    http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.0RC1.zip
>>>
>>> I would appreciate feedback before finalizing the release in the
>>> coming week.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Frank
>>>

>>> --

Charles Karney <[hidden email]>
SRI International, Princeton, NJ 08543-5300

Tel: +1 609 734 2312
Fax: +1 609 734 2662