Re: OSSIM plugins packaging (Was: OTB)

Norman Vine
https://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2016/05/msg00033.html

Re: OSSIM plugins packaging (Was: OTB)

DBurken@Radiantblue.com
All,

Fixed in the ossim gdal plugin against gdal 2.x version.  There's a pile
of "deprecated" compiler warnings I need to look at.  Was worried about
backward compatiblilty with gdal 1.x code.

Take care,
Dave

On 05/29/2016 08:00 AM, Norman Vine wrote:

> https://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2016/05/msg00033.html

Re: OSSIM plugins packaging (Was: OTB)

epifanio
Hi Davind,

thanks for looking into that!

from the debian-gis dev, the build still fails with this log:

Hi David,

thanks a lot for looking into this.
From the diebian-gis dev, the build still fails with this log:

/build/ossim-plugins-1.8.20.3+ds/ossim_plugins/gdal/ossimOgcWktTranslator.<a href="cpp:22:23" style="font-family: -webkit-standard;" class="">cpp:22:23: fatal error: geovalues.h: No such file or directory

Any clue?

Thanks!
Massimo.

On May 29, 2016, at 8:52 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

All,

Fixed in the ossim gdal plugin against gdal 2.x version.  There's a pile
of "deprecated" compiler warnings I need to look at.  Was worried about
backward compatiblilty with gdal 1.x code.

Take care,
Dave

On 05/29/2016 08:00 AM, Norman Vine wrote:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2016/05/msg00033.html

Re: OSSIM plugins packaging (Was: OTB)

epifanio
David, never mind. We are going to include the geotiff headers in the build (just adding GEOTIFF_INCLUDE_DIRS is probably sufficient)
tiff&geotiff were built into gdal via its embedded copies (in Debian & Ubuntu) prior to GDAL 2.x
since 2.0 the external (packaged) libtiff & libgeotiff is used

we’ll rebuild and let you know :)

Cheers,
Massimo.

On May 29, 2016, at 10:00 AM, massimo di stefano <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Davind,

thanks for looking into that!

from the debian-gis dev, the build still fails with this log:

Hi David,

thanks a lot for looking into this.
From the diebian-gis dev, the build still fails with this log:

/build/ossim-plugins-1.8.20.3+ds/ossim_plugins/gdal/ossimOgcWktTranslator.<a href="cpp:22:23" style="font-family: -webkit-standard;" class="">cpp:22:23: fatal error: geovalues.h: No such file or directory

Any clue?

Thanks!
Massimo.

On May 29, 2016, at 8:52 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

All,

Fixed in the ossim gdal plugin against gdal 2.x version.  There's a pile
of "deprecated" compiler warnings I need to look at.  Was worried about
backward compatiblilty with gdal 1.x code.

Take care,
Dave

On 05/29/2016 08:00 AM, Norman Vine wrote:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2016/05/msg00033.html

Re: OSSIM plugins packaging (Was: OTB)

DBurken@Radiantblue.com
OK thanks.

Was looking, in:
./epsg_gcs.inc:ValuePair(GCS_WGS_84,    4326)

Note I see references in gdal:
./frmts/gtiff/libgeotiff/geo_normalize.c:    else if( nGCSCode == GCS_WGS_84 )

That build was off the ossimlabs dev branch correct?  I noticed 1.8.20-3 references...

Let me know if you need anything.
Dave

On 05/29/2016 10:12 AM, massimo di stefano wrote:
David, never mind. We are going to include the geotiff headers in the build (just adding GEOTIFF_INCLUDE_DIRS is probably sufficient)
tiff&geotiff were built into gdal via its embedded copies (in Debian & Ubuntu) prior to GDAL 2.x
since 2.0 the external (packaged) libtiff & libgeotiff is used

we’ll rebuild and let you know :)

Cheers,
Massimo.

On May 29, 2016, at 10:00 AM, massimo di stefano <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Davind,

thanks for looking into that!

from the debian-gis dev, the build still fails with this log:

Hi David,

thanks a lot for looking into this.
From the diebian-gis dev, the build still fails with this log:

/build/ossim-plugins-1.8.20.3+ds/ossim_plugins/gdal/ossimOgcWktTranslator.<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="cpp:22:23" style="font-family: -webkit-standard;" class="">cpp:22:23: fatal error: geovalues.h: No such file or directory

Any clue?

Thanks!
Massimo.

On May 29, 2016, at 8:52 AM, [hidden email][hidden email] wrote:

All,

Fixed in the ossim gdal plugin against gdal 2.x version.  There's a pile
of "deprecated" compiler warnings I need to look at.  Was worried about
backward compatiblilty with gdal 1.x code.

Take care,
Dave

On 05/29/2016 08:00 AM, Norman Vine wrote:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2016/05/msg00033.html

Re: OSSIM plugins packaging (Was: OTB)

rashadkm
Hello,

Having a debian package for ossim-plugins is great!. But I don't know if OTB will be able to use it. We are have to keep internal copy of these sensor model for other platforms.

And OTB depends only on one plugins "cnes" which has no other dependencies or license issues like others (GDAL, HDF5, LibRAW)

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 4:17 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

From the diebian-gis dev, the build still fails with this log:

/build/ossim-plugins-1.8.20.3+ds/ossim_plugins/gdal/ossimOgcWktTranslator.cpp:22:23: fatal error: geovalues.h: No such file or directory

Any clue?

Thanks!
Massimo.

On May 29, 2016, at 8:52 AM, [hidden email][hidden email] wrote:

All,

Fixed in the ossim gdal plugin against gdal 2.x version.  There's a pile
of "deprecated" compiler warnings I need to look at.  Was worried about
backward compatiblilty with gdal 1.x code.

Take care,
Dave

On 05/29/2016 08:00 AM, Norman Vine wrote:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2016/05/msg00033.html

   Rashad