Re: OSGeoLive 13.0 - which version of geos should be installed?

Re: OSGeoLive 13.0 - which version of geos should be installed?

Sandro Santilli-4
Paul, Martin: do you have any plan for a next GEOS release or should
we tell Astrid to go with 3.7.0 ? I'm guessing 3.7.1 could be nice,
having these fixes:

  - Envelope constructor using strtod (#875 Paul Ramsey)
  - Failure in CMake for OSX Framework (#936 Paul Ramsey)
  - Polygon build failure in Overlay difference (#789 Paul Ramsey)
  - Invalid union result from valid polygon inputs (#838)

--strk;

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 09:00:56AM +0000, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Sandro, Frank,
>
> The OSGeoLive 13.0 build cycle has started and we already have a build.
>
> Please download alpha1 version and check your application/data [1]
> http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/13.0/osgeolive-13.0alpha1-amd64.iso (3.8
> GB)
> http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/gisvm/13.0/osgeolive-13.0alpha1-amd64.iso
> (3.8 GB)
>
> Many projects have already updated their software and are included in
> alpha1. Thank you.
>
> You can find a list of software versions at:
>
> https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/blob/master/CHANGES.txt
>
> If your project geos is not available yet, please provide it by 25 June
> 2019.
>
> * please change your installer at Github [2] or provide a package.
>
> Key Milestones - see schedule [4]
> 25-June-2019 OSGeoLive Feature Freeze (final application versions installed)
> 09-Jul-2019 English Project Overviews & Quickstarts complete (commit your
> changes on github)
>   Note: our documentation translation has moved to Transifex [3]
> 16-Jul-2019 OSGeoLive RC stage (documentation release)
> 23-Jul-2019 Translations complete (translations are done in Transifex)  [3]
> 30-Jul-2019 OSGeoLive Final ISO
> 26-Aug-2019 FOSS4G 2019 Bucharest, Romania [5]
>
> Any questions, please ask on the OSGeoLive mailing list [6]  or  meet the
> osgeolive team on irc #osgeolive or contact me directly.
>
> Warm regards,
>
> Astrid Emde and the OSGeoLive Team
>
> [1] http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/13.0/osgeolive-13.0alpha1-amd64.iso
> (3.8 GB)
> http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/gisvm/13.0/osgeolive-13.0alpha1-amd64.iso
> [2] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/Source_code
> [3] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeoLive#Translate
> [4] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/Release%20Schedule
> [5] http://2019.foss4g.org/
> [6] https://live.osgeo.org/en/contact.html

Re: OSGeoLive 13.0 - which version of geos should be installed?

Paul Ramsey
I’ll push a patch release out, always good to get changes. Next big release, 3.8, am aiming for the Pg12/PostGIS3 rapture.