Re: OSGeo web style guide

jody.garnett
A quick question, how can we add this to our website?

It looks like the content is produced but we have not made use of it yet... The branding material page links to the PDF.
--
Jody Garnett

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 at 23:11, nicolas bozon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Greetings from the FOSS4G-Asia code sprint in Colombo, Sri Lanka !

Taking advantage of this session to finally wrap up and publish a very first version of the OSGeo style guide as HTML.

This is an entry point to our branding material, aimed at providing guidelines in a more accessible way (only PDF is available for now).

A preview of the style guide is available here:

Code is available here:

This is built on top of mdwiki, using markdown as a simple structure, rendered with Javascript only.
As markdown styling capabilities are limited, you may notice that i had to include quite a bit of inline HTML to make it work and meet the guidelines (for proper use of fonts, colors, reponsive images...). A specific CSS file was also written with love to make it as shiny as possible :)

This is a first version that needs your feedbacks and remarks to be completed. I hope we as Marketing Committee can work together to review, correct, enhance and make it live.
Please review and comment on the dedicated PR available here:

The initial idea (discussed earlier this year with Jeffrey and Jody) would be to host this work on a subdomain such as https://brand.osgeo.org that should become the entry point to all the material and guidelines we have on Github. I would be happy to collaborate with Marketing and SAC to make this happen.

Code sprint is coming to and end now, all ready for lunch !
This was an awesome FOSS4G-Asia event this week, and i would like to deeply thank the Sri Lankan LOC again for the great work they did and perfect organization they provided.

Best regards,

Nick