Re: OSGeo at OGRS 2018 request for funding

Re: OSGeo at OGRS 2018 request for funding

Massimiliano Cannata
Dear all,
OGRS (open geospatial research and education symposium) conference will be held in Lugano in October 2018 (http://2018.ogrs-community.org) and is focused on open source, open education and open science on geospatial sector.

The open geoscience committee agrees to use 500 € from its allocated budget for an OSGeo Open Geoscience prize.

I would like also to ask OSGeo to sponsor one drink at the ice breaker party and have one booth to promote OSGeo within this community, the maximum cost should be 1000 usd.

I will personally manage the booth.

Thanks for your consideration and feedback.

Maxi

Il 28 mag 2018 15:33, "Jeff McKenna" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Maybe the "unforenseen costs" in the budget can be used for this award;
so the prize could be 500 USD instead?

My logic is that otherwise, 1000 USD eats up a lot of the budget.

-jeff

On 2018-05-25 12:13 PM, Massimiliano Cannata wrote:
> Dear Open geoscience Community of OSGeo, I'd like to ask you to access
> 1000 usd as part of the committee budget for an Open Science award in
> the geospatial field for young scientists.
>
> The award will be assigned during the OGRS conference
> (http://2018.ogrs-community.org) had in Lugano in October where the
> conference  motto is "open science in action".
>

> Please let me know your feedback.
>
> Best
> Maxi

Re: OSGeo at OGRS 2018 request for funding

Yann Chemin
+1

Wish I could be there to give a hand!

Sent from my iPhone