Re: [OSGeo GSoC Mentors] Fwd: Promotional Poster

Re: [OSGeo GSoC Mentors] Fwd: Promotional Poster

Vicky Vergara-2
Hello All

I prepared a branch [1] to work on the Poster for the OSGe-GSoC program.
(its a fork of osgeo/osgeo)

You can put ideas/issues (only about the poster) in the fork issues [2] .

My guide is the poster I made last year for a poster presentation I made in FOSS4G Asia  [3]

I am using Inkscape to edit the svg file.
I ordered the logos in terms of the order in the logos subdirectory [4]
(if svg version exists then I use that one)

I already made the change of logos.
I made the height of logos to be 50 pixels.

I would say that this development is on the "logo choosing stage"
If you think that the logo being used is wrong or needs change, please make a PR.

Remember its an A0 page size.
To give you an idea of the size see [5]

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 11:03 PM, Vaclav Petras <[hidden email]> wrote:
About the logos, the GRASS GIS logo should also has text "GRASS GIS" under it. Here it is couple of files, you can cut what is appropriate (I think you many need to take out the motto).

https://grass.osgeo.org/download/logos/

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 1:46 PM, Vicky Vergara <[hidden email]> wrote:
@Jeff:
I got the logos from The other poster
I removed the colored circles, so you are looking at an old version of the current development
This is the latest version, based on other comments:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B40pa7I8ImbFNDltOVBrS3U4aTA/view?usp=sharing
I am not using a repository yet, I can set the fork of osgeo/osgeo to have the poster, so that anyone can comment on it, what do you think?

The version with colours took me 2 days to do. and deleting things that are not under the current branding guidelines was easy and fast.
but I completely forgot its not in a git repo, so that was lost.

@Patrick
tx.
The poster size is A0:
A0841 x 1189 mm33.1 x 46.8 in
I made the logos equal height of 50px
Can you put link to the appropriate logo?

Vicky

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 10:07 AM, Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Vicky,

Looks great!  For logos, I would be sure to update the QGIS logo to the new design: something like https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/858603658564513794/KgoQRQa6.jpg

Also it would be nice to have the "MapServer" text included in the logo, such as http://mapserver.org/_static/banner.png (indeed I personally find the logos on that poster with text stand out well / are easy to understand  ...but maybe this is a personal comment)  I have the exact same feeling about the GeoServer logo here on this poster - so many world-logos that most of them, without the text, are confusing/unknown. Or maybe just ignore my comments here, as maybe I am the only reader who would be confused :)

thanks!

-jeff

On 2017-08-13 8:40 PM, Vicky Vergara wrote:
Hello,
I have deleted the 52 north logo, and started from scratch the redesign.
Instead of the colored Boxes I am making colored sections.
Note that this one I am re-designing is for an A0 page size.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B40pa7I8ImbFcWh0ci0ya21fLUE

I dont think I can finish today :(

Vicky

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 2:30 AM, Margherita Di Leo <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

    Cool poster Vicky! Do you think you can upload the poster and fill
    in tickets for the required changes? Another change that I envisage
    is to remove the logo of 52 north, because it creates some confusion
    as they participate to GSoC as a separate organization.

    Regards,

    On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Vicky Vergara <[hidden email]