Also it would be nice to have the "MapServer" text included in the logo, such as http://mapserver.org/_static/banner.png (indeed I personally find the logos on that poster with text stand out well / are easy to understand ...but maybe this is a personal comment) I have the exact same feeling about the GeoServer logo here on this poster - so many world-logos that most of them, without the text, are confusing/unknown. Or maybe just ignore my comments here, as maybe I am the only reader who would be confused :)
On 2017-08-13 8:40 PM, Vicky Vergara wrote:
I have deleted the 52 north logo, and started from scratch the redesign.
Instead of the colored Boxes I am making colored sections.
Note that this one I am re-designing is for an A0 page size.
Cool poster Vicky! Do you think you can upload the poster and fill
in tickets for the required changes? Another change that I envisage
is to remove the logo of 52 north, because it creates some confusion
as they participate to GSoC as a separate organization.
I made this poster last year and currently needs a redesign
because of the logo change on OSgeo.
Tasks that I feel need to be done:
- Define exactly which projects logos can be there
- Open discussion about the Hints section.
- Based on experience as Student or Mentor
- Redesign using the new OSGeo logo
- Is the program going to be announced in the new OSGeo page?
- YES: Change the QR's accordingly.
- Define the Poster size
- the attachment has the A0 size required for FOSS4G India,
but I feel its too big. (actually in the university where I
studied it was rejected because of the size)
- When finished, make it available for download.
- In a repository like the new OSGeo/OSGeo that is used by
marketing committee or wiki.
Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
81739 München, Germany
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OSGeo GSoC Mentors" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.