Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Travel Grants for regional FOSS4G events

Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Travel Grants for regional FOSS4G events

John Bryant
Thanks Steven, please let me know if we can help in any way. Happy beginning of a new year to all :)

On Tue, 31 Dec 2019 at 20:09, Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks John for being so fast out of the blocks!

We’ll get back to you once we have confirmation of budget and have finalised our process for allocating regional TGP funding

Cheers
______
Steven

Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org

Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild” newsletter

On 31 Dec 2019, at 02:56, John Bryant <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks a lot Steven,

OSGeo Oceania will almost definitely be interested in running a TGP for FOSS4G SotM Oceania this year (planned for Fiji in November). We grew our program substantially this year (from 7 grantees in 2018 to 13 in 2019), and I suspect we'll want to expand the reach again this year, particularly given we're running it in the Pacific Islands. OSGeo support has been key to accessing additional sources of funding so we'll most likely be asking again this year.

OSGeo granted us USD $2500 in 2019. The cost of travel in the Pacific is high, so if there is the potential to increase this for 2020, we'd be keen to discuss.

Cheers
John

On Tue, 31 Dec 2019 at 02:31, Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

This is an early heads up for organisers of regional FOSS4G events (please share as appropriate)

The Conference Committee has applied to OSGeo Board for a budget to run Regional Travel Grant Programmes in 2020. We have not yet had our application accepted but I wanted to make LOCs aware of the possibility of applying for support for a TGP.

If you think you might be interested in running a TGP for your regional event in 2020 please ping a mail back on the Conference mailing list and we will be in touch with you as soon as we know if we have budget available.

May the FOSS be with you and have a happy new year
______
Steven

Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org

Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild” newsletter

Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Travel Grants for regional FOSS4G events

tõnis kärdi
Hi Steven,

FOSS4G Europe 2020 in Valmiera, Latvia is interested in TGP. No concrete
figures have been discussed up to now though.

All the best,
Tõnis

--
@tkardi