Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Please help GeoForAll look good

Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Please help GeoForAll look good

labrinos

Hi Jody,

Thank you for the excellent initiative. The idea of an A3 brochure is
very promising.
Explaining who we are I think that needs to add the Newsletter of
GeoForAll. You can add the front page of the Newsletter or you can
cut/copy/paste the header of the Newsletter.
I think that people who would like to find out who we are and what we
are doing, would get a comprehensive idea through our Newsletter.

Thank you
Nikos Lambrinos
Chief Editor

--
Δρ. Νίκος Λαμπρινός
Καθηγητής της Διδασκαλίας της Γεωγραφίας

Dr. Nikos Lambrinos
Professor of Geography Teaching
Director of Digital Analysis and Educational Design Laboratory
President of the Hellenic digital earth Centre of Excellence
Faculty of Education
School of Primary Education
Dept. of Science and New Technologies
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
GR-54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
Tel: +30 2310 991201
              https://www.auth.gr/en/univUnits

Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Please help GeoForAll look good

labrinos
Hi Jody,

For anything you need concerning the Newsletter please ask me.
I am at your disposal any time.

wishes
Nikos

Παραθέτοντας από Jody Garnett <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks, Nikos Labrinos was recommended but I do not have contact details. I
> believe Nikos is the chief editor of the news letter?
>
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On 24 June 2017 at 23:44, Suchith Anand <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Jody for the updates. I am ccing GeoForAll colleagues who will get
>> back to you with inputs.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Suchith

Peter Mooney
Is it possible to access the coordinates from the Wiki page?

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 6:40 PM, SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA <[hidden email]> wrote:

​As long as I know it was Luca Delucchi and Vaclav Petras who did the original map. I cannot help in this but maybe they (if they are still in the list) can say us something...

Sergio Acosta y Lara
Departamento de Geomática
Dirección Nacional de Topografía
URUGUAY
(598)29157933 ints. 20329/20330

Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Please help GeoForAll look good

labrinos

Dear Jody,

I send you the map you are looking for. It is in jpg format but I can
send it also in QGIS format.
I made it from the the table of Labs with QGIS.

I hope that this will do.

Nikos

Παραθέτοντας από Jody Garnett <[hidden email]>:

> Nikos Labrinos is indeed helping out, now if we can just get a pretty map
> of OSGeo Labs. If only I knew a group of cartographers that could help
> visualize this data
> <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives#sortable_table_id_0>

> Jody Garnett
>
> On 26 June 2017 at 08:18, SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA <[hidden email]
>> wrote:
>
>> ​Exactly.
>>

>> Sergio Acosta y Lara
>> Departamento de Geomática
>> Dirección Nacional de Topografía
>> Ministerio de Transporte y Obras Públicas
>> URUGUAY
>> (598)29157933 ints. 20329/20330
>> http://geoportal.mtop.gub.uy/
>> ------------------------------

labs on map.jpg (53K) Download Attachment

Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Please help GeoForAll look good

Maria Antonia Brovelli

Here is the list of coordinates of the Labs:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives#sortable_table_id_0

with the main pieces of information.

I guess that it is not difficult for the people implementing the website to create a simple webgis with the interactive map.

Best.

Maria

Pay attention to this Special Issue and see if it is of interest by you:

http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)" http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.htmlBoard of Directors of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET Advisory Board

UN-GGIM Italy, UN-GGIM Academic Network Task Team, UN OpenGIS Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)

Sol Katz Award 2015

P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)

Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,  [hidden email][hidden email]

Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Please help GeoForAll look good

labrinos

I sent the map almost an hour ago. Nobody got it?
Anyway, I send it again.
It is in jpg format but I have it in QGIS if you need it.
I used the table of the Labs in our webpage

wishes
Nikos

Παραθέτοντας από Maria Antonia Brovelli <[hidden email]>:

> Here is the list of coordinates of the Labs:
>

> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives#sortable_table_id_0
>

> with the main pieces of information.
>
> I guess that it is not difficult for the people implementing the
> website to create a simple webgis with the interactive map.
>
> Best.
>
> Maria
>

> Pay attention to this Special Issue and see if it is of interest by you:
>
> http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies

> Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
> Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
> Politecnico di Milano
>
> ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)"
> http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.html, Board of Directors
> of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge;
> SIFET Advisory Board
>
> UN-GGIM Italy, UN-GGIM Academic Network Task Team, UN OpenGIS
> Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)
>
> Sol Katz Award 2015
>
> P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)
> Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,
> <mailto:[hidden email]> [hidden email]
>

> ________________________________

Thanks I will look for it after work this evening.
On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 12:48 PM <[hidden email]> wrote:

I sent the map almost an hour ago. Nobody got it?
Anyway, I send it again.
It is in jpg format but I have it in QGIS if you need it.
I used the table of the Labs in our webpage

wishes
Nikos

Παραθέτοντας από Maria Antonia Brovelli <[hidden email]>:

> Here is the list of coordinates of the Labs:
>

> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives#sortable_table_id_0
>

> with the main pieces of information.
>
> I guess that it is not difficult for the people implementing the
> website to create a simple webgis with the interactive map.
>
> Best.
>
> Maria
>

> Pay attention to this Special Issue and see if it is of interest by you:
>
> http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies

> Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
> Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
> Politecnico di Milano
>
> ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)"
> http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.html, Board of Directors
> of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge;
> SIFET Advisory Board
>
> UN-GGIM Italy, UN-GGIM Academic Network Task Team, UN OpenGIS
> Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)
>
> Sol Katz Award 2015
>
> P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)
> Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,
> <mailto:[hidden email]> [hidden email]
>

> ________________________________

b.j.kobben
But that exists, I thought it was the one at:
http://www.geoforall.org/locations/
....?

--
Barend Köbben

On 27/06/2017, 21:50, "GeoForAll on behalf of Maria Antonia Brovelli" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    Anyway, definitely is better to have an interactive webGIS where we can add new labs instead of a simple fixed image ;-)
    Maria

    Pay attention to this Special Issue and see if it is of interest by you:
    http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies

    Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
    Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
    Politecnico di Milano

    ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)" http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.html, Board
     of Directors of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET Advisory Board

    UN-GGIM Italy, UN-GGIM Academic Network Task Team, UN OpenGIS Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)

    Sol KatzAward 2015

    P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)
    Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,   <mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email]

    http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives#sortable_table_id_0 <http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives#sortable_table_id_0>

    http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies <http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies>

    http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.html <http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.html>, Board of Directors
    > of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge;
    > SIFET Advisory Board
    >
    > UN-GGIM Italy, UN-GGIM Academic Network Task Team, UN OpenGIS
    > Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)
    >
    > Sol Katz Award 2015
    >
    > P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)
    > Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,
    > <mailto:[hidden email]>
    [hidden email]

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/12tnGgv6nBq1UTNXpkCYmRxS5F4w0C7E2sIFqvCJeZOA/edit#heading=h.ao1nohijgthx <https://docs.google.com/document/d/12tnGgv6nBq1UTNXpkCYmRxS5F4w0C7E2sIFqvCJeZOA/edit#heading=h.ao1nohijgthx> - the text was done fairly quickly but

    http://www.geoforall.org/locations/ <http://www.geoforall.org/locations/>

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/12tnGgv6nBq1UTNXpkCYmRxS5F4w0C7E2sIFqvCJeZOA/edit?usp=drive_web <https://docs.google.com/document/d/12tnGgv6nBq1UTNXpkCYmRxS5F4w0C7E2sIFqvCJeZOA/edit?usp=drive_web>  , keep in mind that this is only the raw material for the graphic designer to work with. Google documents are being used for quick collaboration and review,

    http://users.auth.gr/labrinos/ <http://users.auth.gr/labrinos/>

    http://www.digital-earth.edu.gr/ <http://www.digital-earth.edu.gr/>

    https://www.auth.gr/univUnits <https://www.auth.gr/univUnits>

    Dr. Nikos Lambrinos
    Professor of Geography Teaching
    Director of Digital Analysis and Educational Design Laboratory
    President of the Hellenic digital earth Centre of Excellence
    Faculty of Education
    School of Primary Education
    Dept. of Science and New Technologies
    Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
    GR-54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
    Tel: +30 2310 991201
    Email: [hidden email]
    Web Page:     http://users.auth.gr/labrinos/

    http://www.digital-earth.edu.gr/ <http://www.digital-earth.edu.gr/>

    https://www.auth.gr/en/univUnits <https://www.auth.gr/en/univUnits>

    Jody Garnett

Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Please help GeoForAll look good

Helena Mitasova-7
Barend - that webmap was put together as a quick, preliminary tool to keep track of the members as they create their wiki table entry in hope that somebody from more than 100 labs that we have will step up and create a high quality interactive on-line cartography that would showcase the open source geospatial mapping capabilities. That is why the script for creating this map was posted as a starting point for getting the data from the wiki and create the map.
Unfortunately, in spite of our founding MoU with ICA, several calls for getting a better map remain unanswered so we still have the preliminary one there. I am sure that the expertise and capabilities are there we are just missing a volunteer who would dedicate the time (perhaps few days?) to this.

Helena

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 9:35 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

    Tel. <a href="tel:%2B39-02-23996242" value="+390223996242">+39-02-23996242 - Mob. <a href="tel:%2B39-328-0023867" value="+393280023867">+39-328-0023867,   <mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email]

    Thanks I will look for it after work this evening.
    On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 12:48 PM <[hidden email]> wrote:

    I sent the map almost an hour ago. Nobody got it?
    Anyway, I send it again.
    It is in jpg format but I have it in QGIS if you need it.
    I used the table of the Labs in our webpage

    wishes
    Nikos

    Παραθέτοντας από Maria Antonia Brovelli <[hidden email]>:

    > Here is the list of coordinates of the Labs:

    http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives#sortable_table_id_0 <http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives#sortable_table_id_0>

    > with the main pieces of information.
    >
    > I guess that it is not difficult for the people implementing the
    > website to create a simple webgis with the interactive map.
    >
    > Best.
    >
    > Maria
    >
    >
    >
    > Pay attention to this Special Issue and see if it is of interest by you:

    http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies <http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies>

    > Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
    > Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
    > Politecnico di Milano
    >
    > ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)"

    http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.html <http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.html>, Board of Directors
    > of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge;
    > SIFET Advisory Board
    >
    > UN-GGIM Italy, UN-GGIM Academic Network Task Team, UN OpenGIS
    > Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)
    >
    > Sol Katz Award 2015
    >
    > P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)
    > Tel. <a href="tel:%2B39-02-23996242" value="+390223996242">+39-02-23996242 - Mob. <a href="tel:%2B39-328-0023867" value="+393280023867">+39-328-0023867,
    > <mailto:[hidden email]>
    [hidden email]

    > ________________________________

    Tel: <a href="tel:%2B30%202310%20991201" value="+302310991201">+30 2310 991201
    Email: [hidden email]
    Web Page:     http://users.auth.gr/labrinos/

    http://www.digital-earth.edu.gr/ <http://www.digital-earth.edu.gr/>

    https://www.auth.gr/en/univUnits <https://www.auth.gr/en/univUnits>

    Jody Garnett

Helena Mitasova
Professor
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University
1125 Jordan Hall
NCSU Box 8208
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208

ph: 919-513-1327 (no voicemail)
fax 919 515-7802

Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Please help GeoForAll look good

hristo
I hope this could be one solution if one relays on Google services -
https://support.google.com/fusiontables/answer/171211?hl=en

Hristo

> Barend - that webmap was put together as a quick, preliminary tool to keep
> track of the members as they create their wiki table entry in hope that
> somebody from more than 100 labs that we have will step up and create a
> high quality interactive on-line cartography that would showcase the open
> source geospatial mapping capabilities. That is why the script for
> creating
> this map was posted as a starting point for getting the data from the wiki
> and create the map.
> Unfortunately, in spite of our founding MoU with ICA, several calls for
> getting a better map remain unanswered so we still have the preliminary
> one
> there. I am sure that the expertise and capabilities are there we are just
> missing a volunteer who would dedicate the time (perhaps few days?) to
> this.
>
> Helena
>
> On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 9:35 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> But that exists, I thought it was the one at:
>> http://www.geoforall.org/locations/
>> ....?
>>

>> --
>> Barend K?bben
>>
>> On 27/06/2017, 21:50, "GeoForAll on behalf of Maria Antonia Brovelli" <
>> [hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>     Anyway, definitely is better to have an interactive webGIS where we
>> can add new labs instead of a simple fixed image ;-)
>>     Maria
>>

>>     Pay attention to this Special Issue and see if it is of interest by
>> you:
>>     http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/
>> Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies
>>

>>     ----------------------------------------------------
>>     Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
>>     Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
>>     Politecnico di Milano
>>
>>     ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)"
>> http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.html, Board
>>      of Directors of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind
>> Europa Challenge; SIFET Advisory Board
>>

>>     UN-GGIM Italy, UN-GGIM Academic Network Task Team, UN OpenGIS
>> Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)
>>

>>     Sol KatzAward 2015
>>

>>     P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)
>>     Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,   <mailto:
>> [hidden email]>[hidden email]

>>     ________________________________________

Daria Svidzinska
Dear Jody and all,

as I understood from the previous e-mail, you need a simple static (print) map for the brochure. I've tried to create one based on the data from the GeoForAll Labs' table - please, see the result in the attachment. The map is created in QGIS and uses some of its advanced cartographic visualization techniques (data defined overrides, blending modes, draw effects etc.). Also, I tried to apply OSGeo coloring scheme, presented in the new branding material.

Please, let me know if you have any suggestions regarding the style of the map and its contents - I will be glad to help.

PS
if anyone wants to play with the data - here is the link to the csv-table, that I used [1]

I hope this could be one solution if one relays on Google services -
https://support.google.com/fusiontables/answer/171211?hl=en

Hristo

> Barend - that webmap was put together as a quick, preliminary tool to keep
> track of the members as they create their wiki table entry in hope that
> somebody from more than 100 labs that we have will step up and create a
> high quality interactive on-line cartography that would showcase the open
> source geospatial mapping capabilities. That is why the script for
> creating
> this map was posted as a starting point for getting the data from the wiki
> and create the map.
> Unfortunately, in spite of our founding MoU with ICA, several calls for
> getting a better map remain unanswered so we still have the preliminary
> one
> there. I am sure that the expertise and capabilities are there we are just
> missing a volunteer who would dedicate the time (perhaps few days?) to
> this.
>
> Helena
>
> On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 9:35 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> But that exists, I thought it was the one at:
>> http://www.geoforall.org/locations/
>> ....?
>>

>> --
>> Barend K?bben
>>
>> On 27/06/2017, 21:50, "GeoForAll on behalf of Maria Antonia Brovelli" <
>> [hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>     Anyway, definitely is better to have an interactive webGIS where we
>> can add new labs instead of a simple fixed image ;-)
>>     Maria
>>

>>     Pay attention to this Special Issue and see if it is of interest by
>> you:
>>     http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/
>> Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies
>>

>>     ----------------------------------------------------
>>     Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
>>     Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
>>     Politecnico di Milano
>>
>>     ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)"
>> http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.html, Board
>>      of Directors of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind
>> Europa Challenge; SIFET Advisory Board
>>

>>     UN-GGIM Italy, UN-GGIM Academic Network Task Team, UN OpenGIS
>> Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)
>>

>>     Sol KatzAward 2015
>>

>>     P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)
>>     Tel. <a href="tel:%2B39-02-23996242" value="+390223996242">+39-02-23996242 - Mob. <a href="tel:%2B39-328-0023867" value="+393280023867">+39-328-0023867,   <mailto:
>> [hidden email]>[hidden email]

>>     ________________________________________

Daria Svidzinska

GeoForAll_map.png (1M) Download Attachment

Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Please help GeoForAll look good

jody.garnett
Thanks, that looks much better, the feedback from this mornings meeting was the map needs to be print ready (so very high resolution, these jpeg images being sent thus far are not going to work).

The good news is that we do have enough content for the one page A4 handout for foss4g europe. If we can get a suitable map ready they can experiment with the design.

I like that your map is trying to communicate something with the "age" of each lab; remember we are trying for something that is visually interesting. Your map looks like it was done in Carto, it would be better if we used QGIS or gvSIG (one of our osgeo software projects).

If you don't mind I will send your csv file to twitter and ask for the gvSig and QGIS communities to help?

--
Jody Garnett

On 28 June 2017 at 03:17, Daria Svidzinska <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>     http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/
>> Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies
>>

>>     ----------------------------------------------------
>>     Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
>>     Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
>>     Politecnico di Milano
>>
>>     ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)"
>> http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.html, Board
>>      of Directors of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind
>> Europa Challenge; SIFET Advisory Board
>>

>>     UN-GGIM Italy, UN-GGIM Academic Network Task Team, UN OpenGIS
>> Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)
>>

>>     Sol KatzAward 2015
>>

>>     P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)
>>     Tel. <a href="tel:%2B39-02-23996242" value="+390223996242" target="_blank">+39-02-23996242 - Mob. <a href="tel:%2B39-328-0023867" value="+393280023867" target="_blank">+39-328-0023867,   <mailto:

Daria Svidzinska

Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Please help GeoForAll look good

Daria Svidzinska
Jody,

thanks for the feedback.
I just wanted to remind that the map is done in QGIS exclusively, it just uses Carto layer as a background via QuickMapServices plugin (that is why I put credits in the lower right corner).
If it's not suitable, then we should play with background a bit more.

Also, could you please comment more on the preferred format, resolution, and colour scheme.

GEO4ALL_3.pdf (35K) Download Attachment

Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Please help GeoForAll look good

labrinos

I don't know. I have only the svg I sent you and a few png. One of
these is 1024X1024.

Nikos

Παραθέτοντας από Jody Garnett <[hidden email]>:

> It is starting to come together, one more question - do you know where the
> original geoforall logo lives (I can only find small PNG files online).
>
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On 24 June 2017 at 23:44, Suchith Anand <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Jody for the updates. I am ccing GeoForAll colleagues who will get
>> back to you with inputs.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Suchith

Suchith Anand
Thank you Daria for the excellent space-time visualisation that you created of all GeoForAll labs. I will be using this for my presentation tomorrow to the Open Education community :-)

Best wishes,

Suchith

[1] https://github.com/darsvid/GeoForAll/blob/master/labs_table_201706.csv

I hope this could be one solution if one relays on Google services -
https://support.google.com/fusiontables/answer/171211?hl=en

Hristo

> Barend - that webmap was put together as a quick, preliminary tool to keep
> track of the members as they create their wiki table entry in hope that
> somebody from more than 100 labs that we have will step up and create a
> high quality interactive on-line cartography that would showcase the open
> source geospatial mapping capabilities. That is why the script for
> creating
> this map was posted as a starting point for getting the data from the wiki
> and create the map.
> Unfortunately, in spite of our founding MoU with ICA, several calls for
> getting a better map remain unanswered so we still have the preliminary
> one
> there. I am sure that the expertise and capabilities are there we are just
> missing a volunteer who would dedicate the time (perhaps few days?) to
> this.
>
> Helena
>
> On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 9:35 AM, <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>> But that exists, I thought it was the one at:
>> http://www.geoforall.org/locations/
>> ....?
>>

>> --
>> Barend K?bben
>>
>> On 27/06/2017, 21:50, "GeoForAll on behalf of Maria Antonia Brovelli" <
>> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]> on behalf of [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>     Anyway, definitely is better to have an interactive webGIS where we
>> can add new labs instead of a simple fixed image ;-)
>>     Maria
>>

>>     Pay attention to this Special Issue and see if it is of interest by
>> you:
>>     http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/
>> Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies
>>

>>     ----------------------------------------------------
>>     Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
>>     Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
>>     Politecnico di Milano
>>
>>     ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)"
>> http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.html, Board
>>      of Directors of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind
>> Europa Challenge; SIFET Advisory Board
>>

>>     UN-GGIM Italy, UN-GGIM Academic Network Task Team, UN OpenGIS
>> Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)
>>

>>     Sol KatzAward 2015
>>

>>     P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)
>>     Tel. +39-02-23996242<tel:%2B39-02-23996242> - Mob. +39-328-0023867<tel:%2B39-328-0023867>,   <mailto:
>> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Daria Svidzinska