Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Details needed on MapX - The only open-source, UN-backed geospatial data provider and viewer

Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Details needed on MapX - The only open-source, UN-backed geospatial data provider and viewer

b.j.kobben

Looks to be fully OS:

--

Barend Köbben

On 05/07/2018, 19:03, "Discuss on behalf of Suchith Anand" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

The main info. I need are which OSGeo and other open source tools /projects have they used for building this? Is there any system architecture info  that  can be shared. Thanks.

Best wishes,

Suchith

On Thursday, 5 July 2018, 14:23:18 BST, Suchith Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I am interested to learn more about  MapX - The only open-source, UN-backed geospatial data provider and viewer. Details at https://www.mapx.org

I came across some amazing work they are doing and I am interested to know more details on this and  related initiatives like the UNBiodiversity lab https://www.unbiodiversitylab.org

If you are working on this, could you please email me . Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Suchith

Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Details needed on MapX - The only open-source, UN-backed geospatial data provider and viewer

har amrit singh sandhu
Dear All,
Greetings of the Day.

At the outset,I wish to share that I am Faculty in Department of Civil Engineering at Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh, India. I am working in the RS & GIS field from last 17 years and from 8 years in teaching field. I guided number of UG as well as PG students for projects and Thesis respectively.

This year, one of the PG students wants to work on stubble burning topic, which is a very big environmental issue in India.

May I request all of you to assist me in refining the topic as I wish to use open source GIS software too.

Hoping to receive response from all of you.

Regards,

Har Amrit Singh Sandhu

State Award'2018- UT Administration
Outstanding Faculty Adviser Award'2016- ASCE USA

M.Tech (IIT-R), B.E. (PEC-Chd), PGDBA (SCDL), CDM (IGNOU)
Elected Secretary - ASCE India Section (NR)
Elected Treasurer - ISRS Chandigarh Chapter
Faculty Adviser - ASCE PEC Chapter,
Member - ISRS, ASCE, IEEE, IBC

Assistant Professor, Civil Engg Deptt.,
Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh