Re: Martin Isenburg's membership is scheduled to renew on 7 July 2019

Re: Martin Isenburg's membership is scheduled to renew on 7 July 2019

Bruce Bannerman-3
Hi Martin,

I note that your OGC Membership slot is up for renewal.

Can you please let me know if you’d like to renew it?

Also can you please provide a brief update on what you have been doing with your membership and the benefits that your participation has been contributing to yourself, OGC and OSGeo.

Kind regards,

Bruce

> On 25 May 2019, at 06:41, Barbara Sherman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Jeff and Bruce,
>
> Martin's membership is coming up for renewal on 7 July.  Do you want to continue his membership for another year as one of the 6 Individual memberships through OSGeo MOU?  We will send Martin the IN questions upon your approval.
>
> I am retiring on 30 May and Van (CC above) will take over for me.
>
> Best regards,
> Barbara
>
> --
>
> Barbara L. Sherman
> Systems Manager/Membership Relations
> Open Geospatial Consortium
> 35 Main Street, Suite 5
> Wayland, MA 01778
> Voice:  +1 508 647 9385
> Fax:  +1 508 655 2237
> [hidden email]
> http://www.opengeospatial.org
>
> Keep up with all the OGC news by signing up to our quarterly newsletter at [ http://newsletter.opengeospatial.org/ | http://newsletter.opengeospatial.org ]
>
> Interested in attending the next OGC Technical and Planning Committee Meeting? Find out more at [ http://www.ogcmeet.org/ | http://www.ogcmeet.org ]

Re: Martin Isenburg's membership is scheduled to renew on 7 July 2019

isenburg
Hello,

I do not think I need to renew my membership again, but I would like to keep it active until July 7th.

On June 24th I will participate in the OGC TC meeting in Leuven, Belgium to present the final state of the native extension to the new LAS 1.4 point types of the open source LiDAR point cloud compressor LASzip and that may conclude by Point Cloud Domain working group activities within the OGC. The idealistic objective - to avoid the fragmenting of compressed LiDAR point data into an established open standard (LAZ) and into a proprietary closed clone (zLAS by ESRI) - by bringing the main players into a dialogue within the OGC framework was not accomplished as the party with the proprietary format never participated in an open technical dialogue. The pragmatic objective - to avoid said fragmentation - was mainly achieved through intense stigmatization of the proprietary clone and through education about its disadvantage over open formats to the point where most large LiDAR data tenders and distribution portals guideline are explicitly requesting or permitting the delivery or distribution of LiDAR point clouds exclusively in open formats such as LAS / LAZ / ASCII.

Regards,

Martin

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 6:05 AM Bruce Bannerman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Martin,

I note that your OGC Membership slot is up for renewal.

Can you please let me know if you’d like to renew it?

Also can you please provide a brief update on what you have been doing with your membership and the benefits that your participation has been contributing to yourself, OGC and OSGeo.

Kind regards,

Bruce

> On 25 May 2019, at 06:41, Barbara Sherman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Jeff and Bruce,
>
> Martin's membership is coming up for renewal on 7 July.  Do you want to continue his membership for another year as one of the 6 Individual memberships through OSGeo MOU?  We will send Martin the IN questions upon your approval.
>
> I am retiring on 30 May and Van (CC above) will take over for me.
>
> Best regards,
> Barbara
>
> --
>
> Barbara L. Sherman
> Systems Manager/Membership Relations
> Open Geospatial Consortium
> 35 Main Street, Suite 5
> Wayland, MA 01778
> Voice:  +1 508 647 9385
> Fax:  +1 508 655 2237
> [hidden email]
> http://www.opengeospatial.org
>
> Keep up with all the OGC news by signing up to our quarterly newsletter at [ http://newsletter.opengeospatial.org/ | http://newsletter.opengeospatial.org ]
>
> Interested in attending the next OGC Technical and Planning Committee Meeting? Find out more at [ http://www.ogcmeet.org/ | http://www.ogcmeet.org ]

Re: Martin Isenburg's membership is scheduled to renew on 7 July 2019

Bruce Bannerman-3
Many thanks Martin,

I’m glad that you found the process worthwhile.

Kind regards,

Bruce